Ol'Bluesguy needs help in NE.PA

olbluesguy

Wanted ...Strong, Brave helper,or helpers with no fear of the dark,or claustrophobia.

must be a good swimmer,casual contact with spiders ,and snakes is a possibility.

Coal miner,or a son of a coal miner will get extra consideration.

subterainian seamanship will also be highly considered.

I will do most of the re-con before even attempting this placement to be sure that is even possible.

This could be the scariest thing you ever did in your life.

I would do it myself,but am too afraid.

contact me at gc.com

Wanted ...Strong, Brave helper,or helpers with no fear of the dark,or claustrophobia.

must be a good swimmer,casual contact with spiders ,and snakes is a possibility.

Coal miner,or a son of a coal miner will get extra consideration.

subterainian seamanship will also be highly considered.

I will do most of the re-con before even attempting this placement to be sure that is even possible.

This could be the scariest thing you ever did in your life.

I would do it myself,but am too afraid.

contact me at gc.com

Not sure if you'll get your helper, but please let me know if you get it approved. Sounds like a blast! :blink:

This is something I remember from my fearless youth, and I was recently thinking about it, and what a great 5/5 cache it would make.

I mentioned the Idea to some friends, and they threatened to tell the wife of my madness.

They spewed out comments like ..."What are you?*&$#%@ NUTS!!

Today, just because I couldn't get it out of my head I took a ride over to the place where I want it to start just to have a look-see. {I was supposed to be going to the store while the Queen napped]

I was standing there with forty mile an hour wind blowing in my face shaking my head saying

'I don't know,' I don't know...I don't know if I can ask somebody to do this crazy stunt.

What I saw scared the bejeepers out of me, and made me wonder where my head was at when I was a kid.

After some more re-con I will decide if I will continue on, or forget about it.

‘I don’t know.

O’BG

So let's recap:

* Underground (assumed)

* Water hazards (implied)

* Spiders (squash 'em)

* Snakes (run away)

* Coal miner preference (shucks, I not from the Valley)

* An OBG cache (speaks for it's self)

So, if I am an of coal miner heritage, blind as a bat, enjoy dark, damp, wet, vermin infested subterranian dadgum holes in the ground, heavily insured and dumber than a box of rocks, I qualify? :laughing:

I have a strong desire to see next spring so I'll pass. But I'll be watching.

MtnDave

Dave:

I have met you, and I think I like you .So your off my helpers list.

I don’t think you mountain guys can imagine what we used to do for fun down here

in the valley 50years ago.

I will send you some pics. And a brief description just to get your take on it .

If you still feel you are not qualified I’ll understand.

I will respect your opinion only if you leave out words like Nuts,crazy,or any other insults to my sanity which I have already used on myself.

OBG

OBG,

I like you (who can't like a harp player) and I hope you still like me.

Just having some fun......I meant no harm.

Actually my momma was born and raised in Buckhannon, WV, just a few short clicks from the recent mine disaster that took so many lives. Although it was many years ago the names still sounded familiar. So, I do have an appreciation for the hard work by ALL miners. Grandpap was a railroad man (B&O) and actually in his younger years owned some mine land at one time. He let it go to timber during the depression and never mined there again.

Spent my summers there up until I was 6. Recall the rag man with the horse and wagon who sharpened knives. There were many a proud miner who supplemented his income by hunting and bringing it to market where I remember rabbits, squirrels & game birds hanging outside for sale.

OK, so back to the challenge.

On second thought. You got me interested. Go ahead and shoot me some info. I too can then weigh my daring vs my longetivity.

Heck, it ain't like I never did anything crazy before.

Hmmmm.....this should prove quite interesting.

knowing what you do, and not knowing exactly where you do it, I dont think you should be doing an Artie Johnson impression.

On this adventure you should be doing your Seargent Shultz impression.{'I know nothing!!'}

ps. I hope you do it in larksville or I'm sunk.

I saw the pics, and got the scoop on what you're contemplating. Wow! It actually spounds like it would be a whole lot of fun, and would be a truly unforgettable experience. I also think that it might actually not be all that dangerous if one plans carefully for the voyage and if certain weather conditions are met. On the other hand, a foolish person who does not heed warnings and follow directions could easily perish. I bet the logs from this would be great!

Hmmmm.....this should prove quite interesting.

knowing what you do, and not knowing exactly where you do it, I dont think you should be doing an Artie Johnson impression.

On this adventure you should be doing your Seargent Shultz impression.{'I know nothing!!'}

ps. I hope you do it in larksville or I'm sunk.

LOL........I plead the 5th!! :unsure:

OBG,

After setting my personal demons and fears aside and getting a look at the challenge you have to offer objectivly, I can see that there will be some cachers that will be chompin' at the bit for an adventure like this.

I shot you an e-mail with some additional thoughts (don't want to give anything away).

Mtn(scared of the dark)Dave