Instant Notifications sent to my cell phone

Harriet the Spy

You can set it up to send to your cell phone rather than your account email address.

1) Click on "Set up Notifications"

2) Edit or create a notification

3) Put your cell phone's email address in the "Send to another email address" field. If you don't know your phone's email address, just send a text message to one of your email addresses.

This way you don't need your email at home running and forwarding messages. Of course the downside of this is you don't get the notifications in your account email now.

Edited by ThePropers

"Of course the downside of this is you don't get the notifications in your account email now."

If you get a free Gmail account you can send that instant notification to multiple email addresses using filters. And you can keep the original in your Gmail account to boot! Did I mention free. Need an invite? Just ask.

I store a copy of the email and have it send a SMS text message to my phone. It's easier for me than push email. Then I can decide if I want to check the email on my Windows Mobile 5 equipped phone. Or if I'm at home/work I just check the computer. Works great. The dog knows the text message alert sound and gets all excited when it goes off!

I'm not addicted to FTFs, I can quit any time :unsure:

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Coming soon to a discount bookseller near you- "Tales from the FTF Trail"

"Of course the downside of this is you don't get the notifications in your account email now."

If you get a free Gmail account you can send that instant notification to multiple email addresses using filters. And you can keep the original in your Gmail account to boot! Did I mention free. Need an invite? Just ask.

I store a copy of the email and have it send a SMS text message to my phone. It's easier for me than push email. Then I can decide if I want to check the email on my Windows Mobile 5 equipped phone. Or if I'm at home/work I just check the computer. Works great. The dog knows the text message alert sound and gets all excited when it goes off!

I'm not addicted to FTFs, I can quit any time :unsure:

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Coming soon to a discount bookseller near you- "Tales from the FTF Trail"

But it takes at least a minute for gmail to refresh and receive the mail and forward it on to my cell phone. That's 60 seconds of valuable time lost during which some other jerk...errr...FTF hound can use to beat me there!