OVERLAY TRACKS ON GOOGLE EARTH?

vfrpilot

Hi all -

I don't remember, is this possible?

-I want to overlay tracks on a clear image-

I just made the jump from MAC to PC after years - and a whole other world is available to me!

I could prorbably search the threads but I know simplier solutions are found every day - someone may be able to give me a simple walkthru & save me the time of scanning older threads.

I have a 60c - Google earth, City Select 7 and en route -

Gimme a hand people! (not clapping)

Thanx in advance!

Edited by vfrpilot

If you have a more current version of MapSource, then open the file with the track and go to View>View in Google Earth. That will trigger the GE application to open with your data shown.

OR, save track data as a GPX file, open GE, and drag & drop GPX file into GE window. (You can also do the File>Open thing if you prefer.)

- Fieldkat :(

Thanx people - lets see how this works - .....

INSTANT UPDATE:=> The easiest was to View in Google Earth

As always, & I can't stress this enough - thank you to all my fellow-cachers for the prompt HELP.

On a side note; my mother-in law is staying with us after a bad leg break... if my family was half as helpful as my members here, I'd be in heaven - so NEVER think such help / response(s) are taken for granted