Can I store waypoints on the SD card?

Alibags

It does not say anything in the manual. I can store maps and routes and trackback on the SD card, but can I put waypoints there, to supplement the 500 I can store in the memory of the thing. Does anybody know. Searching the FAQ on the Garmin site revealed nothing. In fact it does not even say how much memory the unit has. The forums search will not let me search on SD card as it has less than 3 characters, and creative varients have not brought up any info.

Hi,

Been thinking about this because I was going to buy a GPS 60csx on our way home, well hopefully anyway.

Ali, have a look at this freebie from the Garmin site. It allows you to load GPX files as points of interest, it only works on GPS with a memory card. So I couldn't try it out... But keen to see if it works ok.

You can load GPX files onto the memory card and these show up as POI's.

Here is the site http://www.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

Report back your finders please...Looks like another reason to buy a GPS with a memory card to me.

See ya...Gary

Ah but Gary, those nice chaps at Garmin gave me a Vista Cx to replace my Vista C (I love them and want to have their babies), so I will have to give it a whirl and will report back later. Thanks for the link.

Ali,

I believe it is now later, did you have any luck? <_<

See ya...Gary