60csx disaster so far

robcaryh

Hi all

Just opened my new 60csx.I want to check the firmware and update it. First off,nowhere in the manual is anything about interfacing with a computer mentioned. I cannot get webupdater to work with it,it just tells me it cannot connect to the server but it does see my gps unit.I have no firewalls,etc running. I also cannot get GSAK to upload anything to the unit,it gives a connection error. Anyone have any quick tips?

I will be trying to get web updater to work on my GPS the next time I am home. It is several firmware versions behind. I did have an issue with mapsource finding my 60CX with my topo maps at first. It would not automatically find it so I had to force it to search for it. Once it did that the problem was solved.

Hi all

Just opened my new 60csx.I want to check the firmware and update it. First off,nowhere in the manual is anything about interfacing with a computer mentioned. I cannot get webupdater to work with it,it just tells me it cannot connect to the server but it does see my gps unit.I have no firewalls,etc running. I also cannot get GSAK to upload anything to the unit,it gives a connection error. Anyone have any quick tips?

The lastest software versions are: software 3.00, GPS SW Version 2.80.

If your unit is new it likely shipped with these versions so there is no need up update. To check the software versions on the unit, punch as follows (you do not need to be connected to a computer, this is done on the unit standalone):

MENU

MENU

SYSTEM

MENU

SOFTWARE VERSIONS