MapQuest maps not displaying

Two Retirees Caching In

Recent (on/about 9/28/06) changes at MapQuest have resulted in my inability

to view the interactive MapQuest maps. Clicking on the map displayed on

9 out of 10 cache pages (in my case) resulted in the usual display of the

separate MapQuest page, but the map itself was nothing but white space.

The same problem occurs when using either Internet Explorer or Netscape.

When I click a MapQuest link on a cache page, the maps don't work for me either. Instead, it says that "Your web browser may not fully support all MapQuest features." Clicking on the More Information link tells me that they "recommend" the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. They also only mention Windoze and Mac. Sorry, I'm not going to switch browsers -- and definitely not switching OS's -- just to view the MapQuest maps :D

My guess is that the GC.com pages will need to have the URL format changed to this new syntax mentioned on the GSAK thread linked above. If that still doesn't fix it and the only way is to change browsers, I'll go somewhere else.

Edited by Aquacache

When I click a MapQuest link on a cache page, the maps don't work for me either. Instead, it says that "Your web browser may not fully support all MapQuest features." Clicking on the More Information link tells me that they "recommend" the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. They also only mention Windoze and Mac. Sorry, I'm not going to switch browsers -- and definitely not switching OS's -- just to view the MapQuest maps :D

My guess is that the GC.com pages will need to have the URL format changed to this new syntax mentioned on the GSAK thread linked above. If that still doesn't fix it and the only way is to change browsers, I'll go somewhere else.

I also have the same problem as the OP. I am using the latest version of Firefox.

Recent (on/about 9/28/06) changes at MapQuest have resulted in my inability

to view the interactive MapQuest maps. Clicking on the map displayed on

9 out of 10 cache pages (in my case) resulted in the usual display of the

separate MapQuest page, but the map itself was nothing but white space.

The same problem occurs when using either Internet Explorer or Netscape.

I also am experiencing a similar problem in both my Firefox and Netscape browsers. It seems that the first time I display a Mapquest map after starting up the browser, it displays fine (except it's in the new format - which I don't like). If I try to display any other maps after that though, I get the blank map you described. I wonder if it has something to do with cached (no pun intended) pages. (Both my browsers are configured to delete all cached pages when I close them).

This has started happening to me as well with Firefox, on that same date mentioned above. Here's my solution: When you get to the blank page, click on the "printer-friendly" link at the top. When that comes up just click on "return to map" and bingo! .. Bob's you're Uncle! Works for me.

I've been having serious issues with Google maps instead. When I click on Google maps from a cache page I almost always get the message that they don't have map detail at that zoom level - no matter what zoom level I use. It's making me crazy.

Using Firefox 1.5.0.7 which should be the latest.

Edited by Thrak

This has started happening to me as well with Firefox, on that same date mentioned above. Here's my solution: When you get to the blank page, click on the "printer-friendly" link at the top. When that comes up just click on "return to map" and bingo! .. Bob's you're Uncle! Works for me.

Yes, they changed things and not just GeoCaching maps are messed up.

2 other sites that link to them are a mess.....

Hey, that works, and it's easy! ;) (How'd you know that Bob's my uncle?) ;)

Edited by Arby Gee