Quick Nuvi question

andman

Is there any way to get my Nuvi 350 to go to the Map page when it turns on??

I have it wired up so it turns on every time my car starts. Like my Quest, I will not use it most of the time that I drive my car, so I want it to just stay on the Map page so I can glance over and see where I am.

The Quest would automatically go past the warning screen and straight to the map screen without any user input- is it possible to do this with the Nuvi??

Thanks!

Also, I believe I have Mapsource v8, it seems to say that. I just received my unit from Costco online, is it possible to have version 8 already preloaded?

Thanks again!

Edited by andman

did you get it on Costco.ca or US? how much did u paid for it?

I went to Costco.com and paid $628.

I just went to look it up and it's saying that it's not available.

why did you went through costco? cuz amazon has it for $614 USD, and i think its free shipping

Because I could bring it back to any Costco at any time for a full refund including tax and shipping.

Since they are unauthorized by Garmin I do not have a warranty, but Costco guarantees it forever, as they do with all their stuff except music and computers.

Definitely worth the extra few bucks.

why did you went through costco? cuz amazon has it for $614 USD, and i think its free shipping

Because I could bring it back to any Costco at any time for a full refund including tax and shipping.

Since they are unauthorized by Garmin I do not have a warranty, but Costco guarantees it forever, as they do with all their stuff except music and computers.

so you are saying you dont get the warranty from Garmin but you do from Costco? and what do you mean by "guarantees it forever"? i think you get like 1 year right?

so you are saying you dont get the warranty from Garmin but you do from Costco? and what do you mean by "guarantees it forever"? i think you get like 1 year right?

No, I mean as I clearly said, forever.

so if it broke down in 3 years you can have it fixed or something? i dont know if this is true...if so...seems worth it!

so if it broke down in 3 years you can have it fixed or something? i dont know if this is true...if so...seems worth it!

You don't know if it's true?? LOL You know it all, huh?

No, it won't be fixed. The full price including tax and shipping fee will be refunded, as I clearly said yet again.

here is Nuvi 360 at Costco Canada: Nuvi 360

Warranty only 1 year though

That's Canada. For any GPS you look up on the US site you can clearly see that there is no limit to the refund policy, only this is listed:

"This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise."

I'm not going to argue with you, I know for a fact that there is no limit on when you can bring items back to Costco other than a few select items like computers and music. Not only do I have family that work at Costco and confirm it, but I have returned items (without the original packaging) that were years old without a problem (and without using any family to help).

That is Costco's policy. It's very good, as long as people don't abuse it.

here is Nuvi 360 at Costco Canada: Nuvi 360

Warranty only 1 year though

That's Canada. For any GPS you look up on the US site you can clearly see that there is no limit to the refund policy, only this is listed:

"This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise."

I'm not going to argue with you, I know for a fact that there is no limit on when you can bring items back to Costco other than a few select items like computers and music. Not only do I have family that work at Costco and confirm it, but I have returned items (without the original packaging) that were years old without a problem (and without using any family to help).

That is Costco's policy. It's very good, as long as people don't abuse it.

Okay i understood...that's cool...your lucky...we Canadians get 1 year only :D I am not arguing with you in whatsoever way...just curious and asking questions as i never heard of such thing...we're here to discuss and share knowledge and help out one another.

Okay i understood...that's cool...your lucky...we Canadians get 1 year only :D I am not arguing with you in whatsoever way...just curious and asking questions as i never heard of such thing...we're here to discuss and share knowledge and help out one another.

Alright, sorry to get nasty sounding, I've had a 15 hour day at work and now my GPS is aggravating me :D

Alright, sorry to get nasty sounding, I've had a 15 hour day at work and now my GPS is aggravating me :D

no need to sorry...i just want to make it clear for you thats all...i was curious to hear of such thing...and i wonder why do they not offer the same thing here...well lucky for all you US people