GPS Only Imports the First of Two Similar Caches

betabob2

When I import a list of caches from GSAK into my eTrex, if there are two caches that have similar names, only the first is imported. For example, if there is a cache called CoolCache1 and a cache called CoolCache2, only CoolCache1 is imported to my GPS. Is there a way to import both caches? Thanks.

When I import a list of caches from GSAK into my eTrex, if there are two caches that have similar names, only the first is imported. For example, if there is a cache called CoolCache1 and a cache called CoolCache2, only CoolCache1 is imported to my GPS. Is there a way to import both caches? Thanks.

Those names would indicate you have set your smart name length to 10 characters. Your etrex only allows for a max of 8 character waypoint names (I think?). Go to Tools=>Options=>General and change your smart name length to 8 characters, GSAK will then calculate unique smart names which are 8 characters long, then you won't loose any waypoints when you send to your GPSr