Garmin eTrex always around 90m out?

I've recently started geocaching with a yellow Garmin eTrex. I have now found several caches and love it, but every time I find the cache site my GPS unit is telling me I'm around 90m away from the locality.

Could I have something set up wrongly on the unit?? 90m is quite a way off and makes it difficult to find the actual caches without resorting to more clues.

I'm assuming this isn't normal and that once you find a cahce you GPS unit would be telling you that you were quite a lot closer than 90m??

Al.

Thanks for that... Not sure if it is the same problem but I shall post in that topic as well...

The inaccuracies I'm experiencing are much more pronounced than those described in that thread (I'm 300 feet off)... I wouldn't be surprised if I had something set up incorrectly though. Is there a guide to GPS settings somewhere, as I'm not really sure what 'datum' I should be using for geocaching in the UK??

Al.

Cheers,

I tired that and I now have my settings correctly set up.... Just been out to revisit a cahce I did earlier today to see if the new settings made any differnce, but I was still 92.5m out when stood on top of the cache.

Looks as though there could be a problem with my Garmin eTrex, unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Al.