PDA and Geocaching

Python2112

OK I'm hooked! Im interested in using a PDA instead of printing out info on every cache. Can someone give me the lowdown how to use a PDA with the geocaching.com site, any tip tricks etc....... anything appreciated! I just bought a used Palm M130 for $40, another toy to learn! Great fun this geocaching stuff!

:( I started with Spinner, and plucker both freebies (downloads from the Geo-site) as well as Cache log another freebe.....also watcher. This willl do the job / get U started Then you can get "Cachemate" ($8.00) well worth it, along with GASK ($20.00) ..............oh ya Pocket-Quries.....loving the cache along a route thingie .............. :(

I've been using my Zire 31 to go paperless. Here's how it works:

1. Set up a pocket query (click on your profile name, then member features, then pocket query--make sure you check the box near the bottom that says "use e-book format").

2. Get and install Mobipocket reader (www.mobipocket.com)

3. Use palm QuickInstall to put the prc file from your query onto your palm.

4. Launch Mobipocket on your palm to read the prc file, which will have all of the log entries and hints for the caches your query yeilded.

I also use Note Pad in the field to record my own logs, rather than a little book. This is nice because the notes carry a time and date stamp, so I know exactly when I found each cache.

That's pretty much how far I've gotten. Anyone else?

Having recently joined the fun I've now got my kit worked out.

I'm running windows mobile 5 on my XDA Exec.

Software wise I have GPX Sonar, which I use with the results of the pocket query files (.gpx) Ecellent app well worth a look. A great feature is that once you've found a cache and discover you have a few extra minutes you can re-order the list to reflect the closest to you'r current location.

http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/cs/Default.aspx

To user my bluetooth gps reciever I'm using Vito Navigator II (not free I'm afraid). Nice app. Does the Job. Would be really nice if it would load cord from gpx files.

http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/navigatorii.html

Edited by carpe_noctem