With the hider when cache was placed

ThePropers

We just had this come up recently in our area. In this case a group went with the hider. They all signed the log book and then logged it online before anyone even had the opportunity to be FTF. Very bad form in my opinion and a number of people spoke out about it. These were not new cachers, many with over 500 finds and the hider has over 1k. I just don't get it.

I do like the pay it forward approach, this at least makes it somewhat better.

We just had this come up recently in our area. In this case a group went with the hider. They all signed the log book and then logged it online before anyone even had the opportunity to be FTF. Very bad form in my opinion and a number of people spoke out about it. These were not new cachers, many with over 500 finds and the hider has over 1k. I just don't get it.

I do like the pay it forward approach, this at least makes it somewhat better.

I agree, bad form.

In my opinion a cacher can only be FTF if he/she found AFTER it was posted. Posting on GC.com is sort of like the "starting gun" for the race to a new cache.

In my opinion a cacher can only be FTF if he/she found AFTER it was posted. Posting on GC.com is sort of like the "starting gun" for the race to a new cache.

I agree.

I'm for a new log type, instead of "Found it" -- "Know where it is" that will put a red check on the maps and lists, and doesn't increase your stats.

Interesting to see that some of the worst offenders in my area are not part of this discussion. They are also the top "finders."

Glad to say that I don't have this problem as I geo-solo, hiding and finding, to ensure my numbers aren't tainted.

Once agian, geocaching it not just a great sport but is also offers great insight into how others "think/reason."

Interesting to see that some of the worst offenders in my area are not part of this discussion. They are also the top "finders."

Glad to say that I don't have this problem as I geo-solo, hiding and finding, to ensure my numbers aren't tainted.

Once agian, geocaching it not just a great sport but is also offers great insight into how others "think/reason."

Not that I really care for your answer, but if they didn't comment on the issue, how do you know that they were actually present when the cache was placed and did not merely test drive the cache for the owner? Certainly, you don't believe that someone who beta tests a cache shouldn't be able to log their find.

If anything, your comment gave me insight on how you think/reason.

Not that I really care for your answer, but if they didn't comment on the issue, how do you know that they were actually present when the cache was placed and did not merely test drive the cache for the owner? Certainly, you don't believe that someone who beta tests a cache shouldn't be able to log their find.

If anything, your comment gave me insight on how you think/reason.

I know because they have actually admitted it by posting ATHLN (Assisted The Hider, Logging Now) or I've caught them pre-signing logs and placing them with another hider. Do you need more proof??? I don't.

As far as beta testing, your past explanation sounds fairly lame to me. "Please turn away while I hide the cache. Okay, here are the coords, you can look for it now." What's that??? Sounds like BS to me. If that's what you call caching, I'll just add your name to my "Wall of Shame."

I know because they have actually admitted it by posting ATHLN (Assisted The Hider, Logging Now) or I've caught them pre-signing logs and placing them with another hider. Do you need more proof??? I don't.
Actually, I could care less. THis activity doesn't stop me from logging my finds. Heck, it doesn't even stop me from claiming a FTF.
As far as beta testing, your past explanation sounds fairly lame to me. "Please turn away while I hide the cache. Okay, here are the coords, you can look for it now." What's that??? Sounds like BS to me. If that's what you call caching, I'll just add your name to my "Wall of Shame."
It doesn't matter to me if you find the explanation to be reasonable or not. I don't exist to please you.