deleating found log

jaredl

so, I have a 3 stage multi. i got a log today

from someone who says they found it, althoght one of the stages was missing. aparently someone told them the coords for the next stage after discovering it was gone.

i personaly want to delete the post, because as far i care, they didn't really find hte cache if they didn't complete all the stages!

any ideas, i thought i'd let people discuss this before i did anything

Jaredl,

I think most readers understand your point, I just don’t think many of them agree with it.

I look back to your first post which started all of this, and I feel bad for the cacher you are referring to. He spent a total of five hours over three days doing your cache, yet somehow this is not good enough. He found every stage except the one that is missing, and only moved on once a previous finder confirmed it was missing, yet you still condemn him. I would be ecstatic if someone dedicated so much effort to one of my caches.

You are notorious for requiring hints and help on local caches, yet for some reason you feel your cache should be treated differently - this is totally hypocritical. Many of us have difficult caches out there, and want to see cachers challenged by them, but we are reasonable enough to realize that cachers may need help. It seems to me that your primary goal with this cache is to see cachers suffer rather than have fun. Many people don’t mind a challenge, but most do not want to suffer indefinitely. Your cache is no different from many other challenging caches, and certainly does not warrant an exception.

I believe you have tainted your good cache with your persistence on this thread.

Rich of CGS

P.S. It’s been six days since you disabled your cache as a result of someone reporting a stage missing. You have still not even checked on it. If you really want people to devote the required time to finding this cache on their own then you’ll probably have to do a better job of maintaining it.

Edited by Cedar Grove Seekers

i'm still not sure, maybe i'll go by today and look, i have a feeling its still thee and maybe got covered a bit by heavy rain we has last wek.

I began your Revenge cache a little while ago. I found the first stage but just did not have the time to carry on. After reading your recent posts on this thread about this cache and the following note from you on the actual cache page I have to say that I will be in no rush to get out and complete this cache:

September 7 by jaredl (95 found)

if anyone wants to fix up the coords on stage 3 for the final, thats fine with me. i was in a rush when i did it, and it may have moved since i placed ir, or not been bang on to start.

just put what ever you have win with the coords i left. or write it on the back or something

If you are not prepared to properly maintain your cache or to even take the appropriate time to ensure that the coordinates that you provide are correct, then to be honest, I just think you are wasting my time. I am well aware that as a cacher I can expect some discrepancies with coordinates, however, when a cache owner comes right out and says.... "I was in a rush when I did it....or not been bang on to start", that just strikes me as being a case of laziness. This is compounded by the fact that you have not (to date) gone out to confirm whether or not there is actually a stage missing on the cache.

If you want to make it as difficult as possible then by all means go for it. Personally, I enjoy reading about people finding my caches. I would hate to go to all the effort of setting up a cache just for no-one to find it..that defeats the purpose in my opinion. My puzzle caches are not necessarily difficult but until there was an FTF, I provided no clues/hints. However, once it has been found I add hints to the cache page, because I want people to find it (is that not the point?).

The cachers in the area are a seasoned group who enjoy a good hunt/puzzle. DNF's are part and parcel of the GAME. However, we will help each other out whenever we can, without giving everything away of course. This is something that cannot be outlawed. Again, this is first and foremost a GAME. Let's all have fun participating in the GAME.