Archiving Travel Bugs

WyattEarp

Hello everyone - this is my first thread/post - so be gentle :laughing:

I think I know the answer to this question but here goes. Is there a way to archive travel bugs that have been pilfered? I know that sometimes you can't be sure that a travel bug is really gone for good. However, if it disappears from a cache and is never loged as retrieved then it's gone. If it's logged out then there is always a chance it will reappear.

Anyway, if this can't be done now then why not add it as a feature? The reason I'm interested is that I have hit a couple of caches specifically to grab the geocoin (not steal it) only to find it MIA. Maybe the best thing is for the owner the verify it's missing then he/she could remove it from the cache listing. Again this probally can't be done now but maybe in the future.

That's all for now.

Both the owner of the bug/coin and the owner of the cache it's listed in have the ability to "mark as missing" which takes it out of the cache's listing and "moves" it to an "unknown location".

I need to mark my only TB as MIA also. I don't see the "mark as missing" option though.

Is it on the TB page ?

It's inder owner option in the pulldown menu labled Recalculate Distance.

Both the owner of the bug/coin and the owner of the cache it's listed in have the ability to "mark as missing" which takes it out of the cache's listing and "moves" it to an "unknown location".

I need to mark my only TB as MIA also. I don't see the "mark as missing" option though.

Is it on the TB page ?

It's inder owner option in the pulldown menu labled Recalculate Distance.

aah. There it is - the only place I didn't look.

Thanks, BlueDuece.

The best way to handle a Travel Bug that has gone AWOL is to mark it missing. Travel Bug graveyards were first made because we didn't have that option. It added false mileage and they aren't real caches as far as I am aware. Marking it missing makes it simple to bring back to life when it appears again and they do appear again. Many times, and most recently AuntieWeasel had a TB reappear after three years of being missing. Like I've said, there is always hope.