Buying maps if you own a Nuvi AND a 60CSx

eyeks

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 360 and realized it is a bit handicapped for geocaching purposes, I am considering getting a 60CSx and I have a few map related questions, since at any given time, I can only be using any one of these two units:

Does the 60CSx do autorouting on city streets out of the box? (or...)

Will I have to buy City Navigator NA NT for the 60CSx? Can I use the Nuvi map with the CSx?

Does the CSx come with Topo maps? Can I used these Topo maps with the Nuvi?

What maps does the CSx come with - the Nuvi only has the City Navigator NA v8?

Thanks for your help!!

\eYeks

The 60 autoroutes on the basemap out of the box, but the basemap is rather limited in data, so yes, if you are going to be doing any serious autorouting with the 60, you will need a City Navigator product. However your Nuvi already does this, so I would just put a topo map on the 60 and let the Nuvi do the street navigating to get you to the cache.

As far as I know, you cannot load topo maps onto the Nuvi.

but maybe you can unlock CN8 from your nuvi to your 60csx (if it came with a stand alone set of disks and two unlock codes as is usual)

The 60 autoroutes on the basemap out of the box, but the basemap is rather limited in data, so yes, if you are going to be doing any serious autorouting with the 60, you will need a City Navigator product. However your Nuvi already does this, so I would just put a topo map on the 60 and let the Nuvi do the street navigating to get you to the cache.

As far as I know, you cannot load topo maps onto the Nuvi.

Yes, you can unlock CN8 for your second unit. You should have a unlock code come with your Nuvi.

I bought a Nuiv 310 (310 is for Australia, same as 360 I think), 1 week later I exchanged to 60CSX. Since I would like to use my GPS not only for driving but also Geocaching and bushwalking.

Baed on my experience, 310 is a great unit for driving, but I find 60csx is good enough for me, since Sydney is not that big comparing with NY, trafic condition is good enough for you to look at screen for direction instruction

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 360 and realized it is a bit handicapped for geocaching purposes, I am considering getting a 60CSx and I have a few map related questions, since at any given time, I can only be using any one of these two units:

Does the 60CSx do autorouting on city streets out of the box? (or...)

Will I have to buy City Navigator NA NT for the 60CSx? Can I use the Nuvi map with the CSx?

Does the CSx come with Topo maps? Can I used these Topo maps with the Nuvi?

What maps does the CSx come with - the Nuvi only has the City Navigator NA v8?

Thanks for your help!!

\eYeks

The only map that CSX comes with are basic map...ie. of of the box...has no details of street address....(it is useless for me when comes to geocaching)

CSX does not come included with TOPO maps...you will need to purchase it seperately

now my other questions for anyone out there that read is:

does Nuvi 350/360 accepts Blue Chart maps and TOPO maps?

cuz I am thinking i may want Nuvi 350/360 one day...but i need to know if it supports Blue Chart