Eagle Cave cache in Adirondacks?

Earlier this summer, a fellow cacher named Hubbye told us of a since-archived cache that was in or near Eagle Cave, which is on top of Chimney Mountain in the Adirondacks (closest landmark would be Indian Lake, I suppose). Anyway, Hubbye couldn't remember the name of the Geocacher who placed it there, or the name of the cache...he said he thinks it was archived as the cacher who placed it lived too far away to maintain it. So anyway on to the point of my story... :) ...does anyone remember or know the waypoint of this cache, or the cacher who placed it? Reason being we are thinking of trekking on up there for our vacation in a few weeks. Any guesses?

Earlier this summer, a fellow cacher named Hubbye told us of a since-archived cache that was in or near Eagle Cave, which is on top of Chimney Mountain in the Adirondacks (closest landmark would be Indian Lake, I suppose). Anyway, Hubbye couldn't remember the name of the Geocacher who placed it there, or the name of the cache...he said he thinks it was archived as the cacher who placed it lived too far away to maintain it. So anyway on to the point of my story... :) ...does anyone remember or know the waypoint of this cache, or the cacher who placed it? Reason being we are thinking of trekking on up there for our vacation in a few weeks. Any guesses?

No clue about the cache or the cacher, but if you want info on the cave, Google is your friend. Here's a page with the cave map and some info.

I am happy to announce that a new geocache has been placed within Eagle Caves for those adventurous enough to try and find it.

The coordinates are GC2JCKR and the link to the page can be found here. I know others are pursuing the FTF, especially with the cash reward.

Good luck to all and have fun. Remember BE SAFE and cache in, trash out. B)

WE GOT IT!

This is by far the toughest cache we have ever done. We have scuba to geocaches, rapelled off from a 90' waterfall to a geocaache. Did a 25 stage geocache that involved Hydrocaches, mountain caches, and kayak caches, however, none of these have compared to the difficulty or terrain of this cache. If you ask me it should be a 10/10, but since thats not possible, maybe a 5/5? It is definitely a 5 terrain. Although once you are within a few feet of the cache, the cache is easy found, however, the reasearch involved, preparation, and actually maneuvering and traversing, while looking at maps of the internal caving system......warrants the difficulty to be a 5 at least. NOT COUNTING THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED! Total time in the cave ...in and out....was 4 hours!

THANKS FOR PLACING THIS CACHE! IT WAS A LOT OF FUN!

Pictures to come soon.....

Edited by GeoLobo

I am super glad you enjoyed it! Now that you have made it there you realize how difficult if is to get a box full of goodies where it is. B)

After hearing the opinion of someone whom has done over 1800 caches, I think I will up the terrain up to 5.

Now go get some rest!