Lowrance iFinder units - dual processor effectiveness

jonners

I'm interested to hear from anyone that has been able to compare screen refresh rate/scrolling speed on Lowrance's iFinder dual processor units with, say, the comparable Garmin unit. I'm thinking Expedition C vs MAP 60 CSx for instance.

Are there any other notable benefits from the dual processor set-up?

As for the screen the Expedition C is amazing, I viewed one at the store and it's crystal clear and has a huge viewing area for the size of the unit. I have heard the refresh rate is fast and it scrolls smoothly.

We have a few Expedition C owners here, I'm pretty sure they can tell you more good things about it.

Edited by Airmapper

As for the screen the Expedition C is amazing, I viewed one at the store and it's crystal clear and has a huge viewing area for the size of the unit. I have heard the refresh rate is fast and it scrolls smoothly.

We have a few Expedition C owners here, I'm pretty sure they can tell you more good things about it.

Im one of them - totally happy, but not sure what you mean by "refresh" rate. I guess mine refreshes so fast, that I dont' even notice it! :)

So does this mean that my 5 month old Expedition C is a "dual Processor" unit? :unsure:

Edited by WR8Y

So does this mean that my 5 month old Expedition C is a "dual Processor" unit? :)

From the Lowrance website:

GPS/Mapping <<

Precision 16-channel GPS+WAAS receiver

Antenna port for connecting optional external GPS+WAAS antenna

Dual processors for high speed screen updates

You are the proud owner of a super fast, double-barrel mega GPSr :D

Z

The refresh rate of the map screen is very smooth, no lagging at all. When hunting a cache, the distance counts down right to the cache, no overshoot. When it says 5 feet away, it means 5 feet away. It the coords on the cache you're hunting are anywhere near right, the expedition will lead you right to it. You can customize the screens to have all kinds of info readouts and it doesn't seem to faze it or slow it down. This is definitely a real jewel in the world of GPSr's.