Can a non premium member go paperless?

davisduo

I love my membership but some folks don't have a bank account that Paypal could dip into or whatever, in order to take advantage of the $3.00 a month deal. I've been there! But if you can save up the amount for a year membership, you won't regret it. I use the e-book on my Palm, which is free and to me, loads a lot quicker and glitch-free than any other method.

Im getting a Palm Z22 today and would like to know the process for how to download to it without being able to do pocket queries. (I'd go premium, but I cant afford to do that and get the palm at the same time)...can you help?

I copy-paste content from cache description pages to Palm Desktop memos, and then HotSync to get the memos on the Palm itself. Since I cache without a GPSr, I need to consider each cache prior to seeking it anyway.

Also, I've heard of people using Plucker (freeware) to view cache description pages on Palm devices. I think the gist of it is that you create an index page that links to the cache description pages you want, and then tell Plucker to load the index page, following links 1 level deep.

I've seen CacheMate demoed though, and I'm impressed. I'll probably get it (and upgrade my GC.com membership) sometime soon.

Im getting a Palm Z22 today and would like to know the process for how to download to it without being able to do pocket queries. (I'd go premium, but I cant afford to do that and get the palm at the same time)...can you help?

Sure, but you need a way to get the cache info onto your palm. The first problem is getting the cache info.. as a 'premium' member you can get a gpx file will have a the info already, and can be custom made to your spec (type, size, date placed, etc). That you can process as needed and send to your palm.

If you don't have a gpx you need to get the info some other way, I've heard of people that will copy and paste the cache info as text and send that to the pda as a memo. But you'll have to copy and paste the info from each page to do that. There's probly some other ways to get the info without using gpx files, but I have no idea what they would be.

Can a non premium member go paperless?

Sure, just be careful which leaves you wipe with. Don't use poison ivy. Trust me. :anicute:

Back on topic: Something I've wondered about is, as a PM, could I create a PQ, then forward that to a non PM? I can't see why it wouldn't work.

(not that I'd do it, just curious)

Yes, you can... But are you going to pay the subscriptions for the others to use

3$/month or $30/year it's nothing compared to what you take from geocaching.