Excited to get started!

jakiesfolks

Hi,

We've got our Garmin IQue M4 and really want to try Geochaching. We live in MN but are planning a trip to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Eastern ID and the Black Hills in September. Plan to drive the Bear Tooth pass and the Western pass from Jackson Wy to Yellowston that goes into eastern ID. Will be doing a few caches at home before we leave for practice and then do some to add to the fun on vacation. Would love to have some suggestions from experienced cachers for some fun, easy to moderate caches that we can do in the areas I mentioned or for some cool, out of the way places to visit out there as well. We love ghost towning as well.

Have been reading the logs and threads to learn but have some questions too;

what are muggles? DNF (I'm guessing "do not find"?), and there are other abbreviations and nicknames we can't figure out. Please help with the lingo! :shocked:

Look forward to getting to know you all here on the forum and perhaps meeting in person someday on the trail as well.

jf

There are many threads on these topics, but here's a quick rundown:

Muggle: a non-cacher, from the latin Harry Potter muggle. Try to not let them get suspicious of you, or they may notice your strange behavior, become curious, and steal the cache after you leave. I conclude that after stealing the cache, they boil it in a stew and feed it to their illigetimate offspring, but this is unproven.

DNF: Did not Find.

TN: Took Nothing

LN: Left Nothing

SL: Signed Log.

TNLNSL: Took Nothing, Left Nothing, Signed Log (also can be TNLN)

TFTC/H: Thanks for the Cache/Hunt

F/STF: First/Second to find

F/STL: First/Second to log

TITWCEAIHYYCAYCCFPIISALL: This Is The Worst Cache Ever And I Hate You, Your Children, And Your Children's Children For Placing It In Such A Lame Location. This doesn't pop up very often though, since there can really only be one "worst cache ever."

Edited by ThePropers

TITWCEAIHYYCAYCCFPIISALL: This Is The Worst Cache Ever And I Hate You, Your Children, And Your Children's Children For Placing It In Such A Lame Location. This doesn't pop up very often though, since there can really only be one "worst cache ever."

hahahaha i've never heard or seen that one before, its kinda hard to remember :laughing::laughing: