Skateboarding proposal

skate2.gif

A looooooong time ago I thought I had brought up the subject of 'Skateboarding Parks', but can't find any reference of it. :laughing:

Being there are many fine facilities in just about every community it is about time someone starts a "Category" for these locations, may they be inside or outside rinks.

....So please step up and acquire this "Category" and make it one of the more popular ones in the "Waymarking Encyclopedia" :lol:

Wikipedia link on "Skateboarding"

Skateboarding Parks in the U.S.A. and Canada search page.

Definition of: Face plant ---> Where one's face meets the ground before any other part of one's body. :D

I was a skate rat "poseur" back in the day when kids were stealing construction site plywood to build secret halfpipes in the woods. It's great to see these parks being accepted as a community asset as opposed to the magnet for juvenile delinquence they once were. I'll join if you start the group.

I believe that it was SKATE PARKS (GC9680). Nothing was said about skateboards, rollerskates, or in line skates on the page. A link did put you at www.skateboardparks.com

I'm not an enthusiast and my grandkids aren't either. I'll pass on the Grab, but I'll help by creating a couple waymarks.

i too feel that i cannot lead this group. i would be happy to facilitate creation/management of the category, and of course i would post some marks and visit others......

it ahould also turn out to be a global category (for those american category 'haters')......

and when finished creating this, the creation of a board shop would be an incredable companion (they are often close to the parks as well.....)