Picture Notification

The Navigatorz

If this has been discussed before, then my apologies. I did and search a couldn't find a similar topic.

Anyway, I have a feature request, to receive a notitication when a photo is uploaded to a log on caches that I own, and even to caches that are on my watchlist, for the following reasons.

1) I don't always read logs on the cache pages. Usually I read logs via email.

2) Not everyone uploads pictures right away. Sometimes they write a log online and report that photos will be uploaded later. Sometimes that can be several days.

3) To view photos from finders of my caches, I now have to open each cache page of the caches I own, and scroll through the most recent logs, until I see the photo icon of an uploaded picture.

So, my feature request is to get an email notification, like "You've Got Pictures", with hyperlinks that take you to the log with the uploaded photos. That way photos can be viewed right away, instead of whenever I get the time to open each cache page and scroll through the logs looking for photos.

Ok, now that I've said all that, I'm bracing myself for the replies that tell me why it can't be done. (There's probably already a better way and I just don't know it) :ph34r:

Edited by The Navigatorz

3) To view photos from finders of my caches, I now have to open each cache page of the caches I own, and scroll through the most recent logs, until I see the photo icon of an uploaded picture.

Create a Pocket Query which returns caches owned by you. No need to ever run it.

Preview the query, click on 'gallery', and you'll get all pictures for your caches on one page.

I know that's not what you're asking for, but it should be quicker than your current method :ph34r:

Create a Pocket Query which returns caches owned by you. No need to ever run it.

Preview the query, click on 'gallery', and you'll get all pictures for your caches on one page.

That brings you up a page sorted by cache, kinda unhandy.

I'd like to see notifications if people add pictures or edits logs on caches AND travel bugs.

I've had cases where someone changed a "post a note" log to a 'found' log on a cache of mine and someone logged a travel bug of mine and then came back later and added a picture. Currently neither case generates a notification and it may be weeks before I notice.

If I'm the owner or I'm watching an item (cache or travel bug) I'd like to see notification of ANY change or addition.

If I'm the owner or I'm watching an item (cache or travel bug) I'd like to see notification of ANY change or addition.

I don't think I'd care to get a notification for ANY change. Someone may go back and make an edit for a spelling error. I wouldn't want an email notification that someone changed cach to cache. I'm sure there would be too many of those type of changes. Just give me a notification if a picture has been uploaded.

If this has been discussed before, then my apologies. I did and search a couldn't find a similar topic.

Anyway, I have a feature request, to receive a notitication when a photo is uploaded to a log on caches that I own, and even to caches that are on my watchlist, for the following reasons.

1) I don't always read logs on the cache pages. Usually I read logs via email.

2) Not everyone uploads pictures right away. Sometimes they write a log online and report that photos will be uploaded later. Sometimes that can be several days.

So, my feature request is to get an email notification, like "You've Got Pictures", with hyperlinks that take you to the log with the uploaded photos. That way photos can be viewed right away, instead of whenever I get the time to open each cache page and scroll through the logs looking for photos.

Ok, now that I've said all that, I'm bracing myself for the replies that tell me why it can't be done. (There's probably already a better way and I just don't know it) :)

I think that’s a great idea, I have always wondered about such a feature and this thread might make it a go.

I agree that a notification when a log has been changed would not be necessary, just one for the picture notification would be great!

While we are wishing........I'd like to see that apply to caches I'm watching too!

I first that proposal! :anitongue::tired:

Woops, I must have missed your topic when I searched for the subject. Well since yours was discussed over a year ago, does anyone from Groundspeak have any comments? Like "good idea, we'll put it on our to-do list".