Request: "Logged Visits" breakdown

Pharmadude

Yea - I'd rather see this incorporated into the site as well.

The script is cool, but there are some that don't use Firefox, and it shouldn't be THAT hard to implement on the site.

For historical reference, here's an older post from February 2006:

Come to think of it, you can get even more detailed with some other display options...

From my APE cache it might be nice to see it in years by type:

03f7e837-6c04-4d11-b912-c63abf9cf33d.jpg

OR - have a "condensed log" page that shows the log in this fashion:

icon_smile.gifFebruary 4 by biggeeks (238 found)plus.gif

icon_sad.gifFebruary 2 by markwell (339 found)plus.gif

icon_smile.gifFebruary 2 by Beverfly (117 found)plus.gif

icon_smile.gifFebruary 2 by webscouter. (1459 found)plus.gif

...with the plus sign giving the ability to see the entire log.

Edited by Markwell

Being unfamiliar with "user scripts", etc. where can I learn more?

most of the info you'll find about user scripts will be in the context of Greasemonkey. Try searching for "user scripts". But a user script is just javascript that gets "injected" into a page... usually altering some aspect of the page. GreaseMonkey does it for FireFox and TurnAbout does it for IE. Obviously if the script uses code that is not compatible with a browser then its not going to run in that browser. But just like any built in javascript, if its written to run in both browsers, then it'll work in both browsers as a user script. I don't run IE at home so I don't know if any of the popular GreaseMonkey scripts for GC.com will work with TurnAbout, but I know its possible to write one script that works in both because I use/wrote several for work where I use both FF and IE. The best thing to do is just give it a try and if it doesn't work, appeal to the script creator to see if they are interested in modifying it to work in both browsers or employ someone who is.
Yea - I'd rather see this incorporated into the site as well.

There is an especially easy way that I have advocated for the owners of caches to be able to do this sort of thing -- via an "All Hides" PQ that is analogous to the "All Finds" PQ. The "All Hides" PQ would include all logs on all caches owned by the requestor.

Doesn't help with other peoples' caches, but it sure would be nice to have a complete record of my own.

Greasemonkey lets you run Firefox XPath queries against the DOM, which is a fast and powerful way to generate lists of items to operate against. For example, in the "Totals by Log Type", it uses this to quickly get totals based on the count of icons on the page. I don't know if IE has XPath capabilities. Also, there are differences in the how the DOM tree is handled. Some scripts might work in TurnAbout, but I'm sure other's won't. Personally, I've never been able to get TurnAbout to successfully install.

This is not exactly on topic but very close. I would like ot see a world map of my caches with a dot where everyone who found it is from. Geocaching.com should have the coordinates of every user, so it should be possible to figure it out quite easily. I suppose a couple of extensions would be to be able to see where everyone who visited any cache was from . Another idea would be to dump the coordinates out to Google Earth so I could travel around the world looking at where everyone is from. If confidentiality is an issue, just track the degrees and not the minutes for a more general map.

This is not exactly on topic but very close. I would like ot see a world map of my caches with a dot where everyone who found it is from. Geocaching.com should have the coordinates of every user, so it should be possible to figure it out quite easily. I suppose a couple of extensions would be to be able to see where everyone who visited any cache was from . Another idea would be to dump the coordinates out to Google Earth so I could travel around the world looking at where everyone is from. If confidentiality is an issue, just track the degrees and not the minutes for a more general map.

I don't see that happening. Entering home coordinates is optional, and the information is private.