New icon for Micro Caches?

Team CDCB

Has there ever been any discussion about geocaching.com using a different icon for a traditional cache that is a micro?

I don't get out caching that often, and when I do, I'm usually with my kids. They find micros rather boring of course. I might hit a micro on my own, but I avoid them when I'm with the kids. It would be nice to be able to quickly rule out micro's on the search page by looking at the icon.

Has there ever been any discussion about geocaching.com using a different icon for a traditional cache that is a micro?

Yes, much - the general consensus seems to be that they are different in size, not in type - and thus do not require a seperate icon type.

I don't get out caching that often, and when I do, I'm usually with my kids. They find micros rather boring of course. I might hit a micro on my own, but I avoid them when I'm with the kids. It would be nice to be able to quickly rule out micro's on the search page by looking at the icon.

You can always search via Pocket Query and elimenate the micro's that way.

Look at the cache size column in the search results list. These are micros:

micro.gif

You may be happier finding regular size caches:

regular.gif

Ahhhh.... I guess I always just assumed those icons were some sort of average of the difficulty and terrain. Ya learn something every day! Those icons should help me be able to make a quick determination of the cache type. Thanks much.

Yes, much - the general consensus seems to be that they are different in size, not in type - and thus do not require a seperate icon type.

Okay... I suppose I can live with that, especially with my new found wisdom of that cache size indicator.

I would've argued that a micro is not just small, but that because it is so much smaller it lacks "prizes." The lack of prizes makes it a different cache type in my opinion. But, no biggie.