Sockpuppet account re MsChief Gps_y

MsChief Gps_y

I just received an e/m telling me there was a sockpuppet account created on April 24/06 by putting a hyphen in my username.

Other sites require me to use a hyphen but not Gc.com and someone has taken advantage of this.

So MsChief Gps_y was altered to MsChief-Gps_y.

I've contacted gc.com to rectify the matter.

I just received an e/m telling me there was a sockpuppet account created on April 24/06 by putting a hyphen in my username.

Other sites require me to use a hyphen but not Gc.com and someone has taken advantage of this.

So MsChief Gps_y was altered to MsChief-Gps_y.

I've contacted gc.com to rectify the matter.

That is crap!! How can someone just up and use someone elses name? Should we all be concerned that this is happening? Who would stoop so low as to take a user name of someone who has great standing? Should DocMagoo or Chillibusher be worried? How about mtn-man? or anyone else with a good standing?

I hope this gets solved ASAP and sorry about any problems this has caused you.

Agassiz_Angel

There is a mtn_man and a Mtn man out there. mtn_man was a short time cacher. I actually found one of the caches he found way back when and listed his only cache (now archived). Mtn man was in Colorado and was another short time cacher. There is another similar one out there too.

It depends on the usage frankly. If it is a malicious sock puppet, then they will be banned. In this case it probably is, but keep innocent usage of a name in mind.

but keep innocent usage of a name in mind.

Oh i am keeping innocent usage of a name in mind, but I guess it just shows how easy it is to impersonate someone. Never fear though ... I will not give up caching LOL too much fun even with people who are trying to make it difficult.

Everyone knows who the real people are so it is all good.

A Cache a day keeps the rocking chair away :P LMAO

Agassiz_Angel