Connecting GPS to PDA

In teh future I am planning on upgrading my GPS unit and replacing my broken Palm III which I used exclusively for caching. One thing I have always wanted to do is to connect these two devices to find the nearest caches and get their descriptions without having to do searches and what not. It seems like Cachemate could receive data from the GPS and autmagically pull up the nearest cache sites. Since I have never had a cable to connect them, I've never done this.

Now, if I were to go for a Garmin 60CSx model, and a Palm based PDA, where would I find a cable to connect them?

What combination of GPS & PDA work well together?

Is there a wireless option (bluetooth, WiFi, whatever)?

I would appreciate any input or suggestions. Markwells welcome. Thanks!

Good stuff, thanks! I'm pretty sure teh GPS Map 60 series has that 4 pin NMEA output... If I can't get a seria PDA, I'll have to try and rig something to use teh USB connector, if possible.

The Compact Flash unit seems like a good idea, but I want a dedicated GPS unit that is a bit more rough-and-tumble... The PDA I only want to pull out when reading cache descriptions and finding close caches. The GPS will be used for other things as well as caching, so keeping separate units is kinda nice.