Gsak

If I'm travelling down country and want to do a search of motorway mayhems etc and then also want to do a (say) 20 mile radius of my destination, can I get GSAK to do two seperarte filters then combine them into one before sending them to my pda, tomtom, gps (I'm going prepared)? I've found in the past that if I try to load two different filters onto my memory map it don't like it one little bit.

If I'm travelling down country and want to do a search of motorway mayhems etc and then also want to do a (say) 20 mile radius of my destination, can I get GSAK to do two separate filters then combine them into one before sending them to my pda, tomtom, gps (I'm going prepared)? I've found in the past that if I try to load two different filters onto my memory map it don't like it one little bit.

One way... and I'm sure there are others...

Create a new database, do your first search and copy / move the subset to the new database. Cancel that search and do the second. Move / copy subset to new database (using the over-write option for duplicates). Switch to new database and dump the whole kit and caboodle to yer PDA.

There are some real smartar*es out there that will do it all with macros and stuff but this is a simple way :)

If I'm travelling down country and want to do a search of motorway mayhems etc and then also want to do a (say) 20 mile radius of my destination, can I get GSAK to do two seperarte filters then combine them into one before sending them to my pda, tomtom, gps (I'm going prepared)? I've found in the past that if I try to load two different filters onto my memory map it don't like it one little bit.

If by "memory map" you mean the Memory-Map OS program you should have no difficulty loading multiple csv or gpx files into it. It's what I do all the time. :)

Hmmm... I assumed from you initial question that your were familiar with GSAK and that you already had the caches you wanted to filter loaded into it. If that IS the case then I'm not sure I understand your second question.

If not, then I think this is more a PQ question than a GSAK one. You will need to run appropriate PQs on geocaching.com and then load then into GSAK, for export to MM and your GPS.

For the route you can use the new "Caches along a route" feature and the 20 miles radius is a standard ye olde fashioned PQ. Once you have the two GPX files on your PC, simply load them into the same GSAK database and they will be combined, no filtering should be necessary.

Edited by rutson