Missplaced Waymarks

<_< I don't remember how I noticed this, but out of the 18 Waymarks within 50 miles from my home town in Tennessee, one of them should be in Kentucky and one of them in Indiana. I wonder how often this happens. I wonder how many of my Waymarks are missplaced. I know one fat finger in the coords can make many miles difference. Just some of my random musing at 3 a.m.

Mike

edit: It being 3 a.m I got this here instead of the Getting Started With Waymarking Forum. Maybe the moderator could move it there?

Edited by mikemtn

<_< I don't remember how I noticed this, but out of the 18 Waymarks within 50 miles from my home town in Tennessee, one of them should be in Kentucky and one of them in Indiana. I wonder how often this happens. I wonder how many of my Waymarks are missplaced. I know one fat finger in the coords can make many miles difference. Just some of my random musing at 3 a.m.

Mike

edit: It being 3 a.m I got this here instead of the Getting Started With Waymarking Forum. Maybe the moderator could move it there?

I have left a couple in Alabama by mistake when I selected United States and didn't select a state. I wonder how many extra's Alabama has. I have to be careful when I submit ones from other states, my fingers are trained to hit the M key seven times once I have selected the United States to get to Missouri :unsure:

I find it rather irritating to have the entire page reload when the country is selected. I'm used to tabing through the fields when entering forms, but the reload makes you start the form all over again. And if the category has a long description, you have to scroll back down to where you left off. May be at least put an anchor at the state and reload to the anchor.

I'm not talking about the state not being selected properly. The selected states, Kentucky and Indiana are where the Waymark should be, it's the waymark coords that are in Tennessee. I think I know what I'm saying. Look here

http://www.Waymarking.com/search/results.a...pe=8&rad=50

Mike

I see what you are saying. I know I have caught a few as I have entered them that I had fat fingered a number and had them several miles from where it was supposed to be. I have also caught a few that were off when I have been reviewing.

BTW of the 172 waymarks listed in Alabama, I count 62 that are not in Alabama or about 1/3. That is after I fixed mine. <_<

Since this is an easy mistake to make, I started downloading my Tracks and Waypoints into my Mapsource maps after each "adventure."

I pull up the Waypoint Properties dialogue box for the Waymark and "Copy and Paste" the coordinates into the correct Latitude and Longitude locations on the form.

This is not "foolproof" since the other day I put the Longitude numbers in both places, but it can prevent pure typos. <_<

TerryDad2

post Yesterday, 06:59 AM

Post #5

Earthcacher

Group: Premium Members

I find it rather irritating to have the entire page reload when the country is selected. I'm used to tabing through the fields when entering forms, but the reload makes you start the form all over again. And if the category has a long description, you have to scroll back down to where you left off. May be at least put an anchor at the state and reload to the anchor.

Don't hold your breath... and this isn't a rant.. just an observation.

Geocaching & Waymarking both have done that since day one it seems.

I'm glad that the option for state or province is there, based upon the country. Realistically, there is no need for Country, State or Province... that is already covered by the LAT / LONG.

Think Globally!

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

i like this reload, as it 'saves' what you have already entered, but since it is at the top of the page, hardly any onfo is entered....several times i have had errors occur, and i have to redo the whole page. could another reload/save point be created? and it does suck having to scroll back to your place. could the page not auto scroll to 'where you were'?