Hooking 60csx To Palm M125

Hi, I know its possible but I'm not sure how... I have some software on my Palm M125 that can read from an external GPS source. I also have a 60csx. The only accessory to the M125 I have is the USB cradle. How do I connect the two? (and the cradle is to go to the PC not hook up to a usb accessory)

Why do you want to send coordinates to your Palm? That will help someone suggest the best method.

If you want to use the Palm to store information on geocaches (coords, descriptions, hints, last few logs) there are programs to do just that. Cachemate or Plucker/Spinner for example.

Edited by Team Neos

Why do you want to send coordinates to your Palm? That will help someone suggest the best method.

If you want to use the Palm to store information on geocaches (coords, descriptions, hints, last few logs) there are programs to do just that. Cachemate or Plucker/Spinner for example.

I want to use the palm because I have a palm application that has extremely detailed maps (much better than garmin, and its routable topo) plus it can store geocache info and i could use the palm as the only IO device and just use the 60CSx as a reciever. I'd just like to try it out because it sounds good. It needs GPS signal to route/put you on the map and navigate.

Thanks!

I want to use the palm because I have a palm application that has extremely detailed maps (much better than garmin, and its routable topo) plus it can store geocache info and i could use the palm as the only IO device and just use the 60CSx as a reciever. I'd just like to try it out because it sounds good. It needs GPS signal to route/put you on the map and navigate.

Thanks!

Check this out. I think I read somewhere that the 125 and 500 series have the same connector. You'll need to scroll down the page a little.

Check this out. I think I read somewhere that the 125 and 500 series have the same connector. You'll need to scroll down the page a little.

I'm pretty sure that the M100 series connector is compatible with the Tungsten series, as that's what I'm using at work. (not the 500 series) Before you purchase the connector, I'd verify the compatibility on Palm's site.

Edited by ackbar9722

I'm pretty sure that the M100 series connector is compatible with the Tungsten series, as that's what I'm using at work. (not the 500 series) Before you purchase the connector, I'd verify the compatibility on Palm's site.

OK, how about this site?

OK, how about this site?

It would appear that we are both right, as they all use Palm's "Univeral Connector", which is unfortunately no longer "universal".

DB9M serial cable for Palm (see earlier posting) and DB9F (standard) serial cable for 60CSx

or

DB9F (standard) serial cable for Palm and DB9M (off-brand) serial cable for 60CSx

or

standard DB9F cables for both devices and a DB9M-to-DB9M NULL MODEM connector

or

a pair of cables from PC-Mobile with their very neat connector.

You will probably need to run the 60CSx with the NMEA interface.

I have one of those GPZ7P > Palm Zire71/Tungsten C/W/T series Interface cables on order, so I could post a close up of it when it arrives, also willing to sell the thing cause last night I noticed that its the wrong connector for the E2 that I am using... oops tho only problem is that I ordered the gps interface one + garmin cables so you would still need the cable for the gpsr to the GPZ7P connector