Waas Sv's...

For the past few days, I've been able to get a lock onto a WAAS satellite numbered "50." Never saw that before.

I'd thought the WAAS SV's were numbered 25 through 35 or something in that range. Anyone in North East USA or Eastern Canada noticing the new satellite?

For the past few days, I've been able to get a lock onto a WAAS satellite numbered "50." Never saw that before.

I'd thought the WAAS SV's were numbered 25 through 35 or something in that range. Anyone in North East USA or Eastern Canada noticing the new satellite?

As I type, I have 03,07, 13,16,19, 20, 23, 27, and 51. 01 shows, but no lock. This is inside the house with a Garmin 76CSx. 51 has the strongest signal.

Whenever I see Satellite #30 on my GPSr, it does not claim itself to be a WAAS satellite. I'm sure there will be knowledgeable people who'll provide us links with information on which ones are or aren't. My guess from observation is that anything numbered #35 or greater is a WAAS satellite.

33-51 are WAAS Satellites.

35, 47, 48 and 51 are US WAAS Satellites

33, 37, 39 and 44 are European EGNOS Satellites (WAAS Compatible)

42 and 50 are Asian MSAS Satellites (Also WAAS Compatible)

In the US, #48 and #51 are in "test mode" and are not yet fully operational. They are expected to be fully operational in Fall 2006.

I'm just outside of Boston - I have 1,2,7,12,15,16,19,23,25,27,28; inside I lose 1 and 48...generally I have a strong lock on 51.

As I type, I have 03,07, 13,16,19, 20, 23, 27, and 51. 01 shows, but no lock. This is inside the house with a Garmin 76CSx. 51 has the strongest signal.