Regional Event At The Breaks Interstate Park Ky/va

treasure_hunter

Greetings everyone! I would like to plan a large event! This Event would/ will take place in The Breaks Interstate Park! “The Grand Canyon of the South” The Breaks Interstate Park This State Park is shared both by Kentucky and Virginia being that it is on the Stateline! This park has an 82-room lodge with conference center and restaurant; also with a campground with 122 Campsites to chose from with Utilities with Cabins. The park is also home to the 12-acre Laurel Lake, which is very popular with Water Sports lovers and is also stocked with a variety of fish! There is a swimming pool and horseback riding for those who wish to take a break from it all. Also there are more than 15 miles of Hiking Trails that lace the park varying in difficulty. There is also a nearby Golf Course. The park also has an Amphitheater, which houses a variety of performances.

The park is also home to some 11 active Geocaches! There are some 254 caches within 30 miles of this park, all within a 1-hour radius around from the park! And is very much possible to find in a 2-3 day period! There are 30+ Geocachers in the area! When searching for nearby caches in this area, use zip code (24607).

Ultimately my goal would be to draw local and non-local cachers from nearby states alike to the area! This area is very beautiful and has many things to offer! This is a great place to bring the family, pick up a few caches, relax and enjoy nature!

I would like to get some input from cachers in the surrounding area who would be interested in attending! Please give me your thoughts! Who would be interested in attending this sort of Event? Thanks

*I will be posting this in both the South East and North East regional Forums so that cachers in those areas can read about it! Plus the park is both in Virginia and Kentucky!

Treasure_hunter

Taylor

Edited by treasure_hunter

Can you please provide a link to one of the caches in the park. :ph34r: So I can see how far I gotta drag Joiseyians down past the mason dixon line :blink::P I think planning a weekend event would be great for the late fall. A lodge is awesome. B)

Count me in if i am available.

I just recieved an email back from the Park Officials! I explained Geocaching to them, and I also explained what an Event was! I was told that they would be more than happy to host such an event! They quickly told me the number of rooms campsites and cottages they have! They also informed me that they could cater the event. even bringin food to the shelters!