Gpsmap 60csx Altimeter Problem

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if my unit is now not working properly. I can not get the altimeter to plot. I have a blank screen, no green plot like I use to get. Any suggestions?

What altitude is it reading? I'll bet its like 30000 or -3000 ft. If so, you need to update the GPS firmware to the latest version (3.0), Also update the GPS SW...should be 2.7, but all I can get right now seems to be 2.6, over & over & over.

EDIT: All fixed.

Edited by 8mmag

Make sure the tracks are on. This is not in the documentation, but when i had a Vista C i had the same problem...went thru 2 levels of troubleshooting with Garmin. THey sent me a new unit and i played around with it until i realized the problem.

that's wild ... that must have been the same prob. I had, since I typically leave my tracks off... this is a tip that needs to be on someone's FAQ or the garmin site.. thank you...

Make sure the tracks are on. This is not in the documentation, but when i had a Vista C i had the same problem...went thru 2 levels of troubleshooting with Garmin. THey sent me a new unit and i played around with it until i realized the problem.

that's wild ... that must have been the same prob. I had, since I typically leave my tracks off... this is a tip that needs to be on someone's FAQ or the garmin site.. thank you...

I agree. I had no idea. I always leavemy tracks off as well until needed. Thanks for the tip.

Yep, that was it. Turned the tracks on and the graph was back. Thank you!!

Edited by JaSmylee

I have a problem where the 60csx will power off when on the altimeter page. I have tried batteries and external power. I have even cleared the track log and reset data. Sometimes it shuts down immediately, and others it can take a minute or two. Just today I upgraded to 3.0, and will see if that helps. This is an intermittent problem, and therefore can be hard to figure out. Any ideas?

I have a problem where the 60csx will power off when on the altimeter page. I have tried batteries and external power. I have even cleared the track log and reset data. Sometimes it shuts down immediately, and others it can take a minute or two. Just today I upgraded to 3.0, and will see if that helps. This is an intermittent problem, and therefore can be hard to figure out. Any ideas?

That update should help you. I have a caching buddy that had the same problem, but after updating to v. 2.90 that stopped, so updating directly to v. 3.00 shold also help you.

ProsperoDK/René