Batteries

I've needed a camera for a long time and just got back from Best Buy with a new Digital camera. While at it, I also bought 8 new NiMH "AA" batteries and a 1 hr charger. It says these last 4x longer than regular alkaline batteries and also have 2500MaH printed on the sides......I guess this is the power level or something.

Anyways, got to thinking. If they last longer in a camera, will they also work and last longer in my Legend C and Legend GPS units too?

Thanks.

they should last as long or longer but they wont sit charged on a shelf as well.

I've needed a camera for a long time and just got back from Best Buy with a new Digital camera. While at it, I also bought 8 new NiMH "AA" batteries and a 1 hr charger. It says these last 4x longer than regular alkaline batteries and also have 2500MaH printed on the sides......I guess this is the power level or something.

Anyways, got to thinking. If they last longer in a camera, will they also work and last longer in my Legend C and Legend GPS units too?

Thanks.

I use 2500mah rechargeables in my 60cs. Alkalines will last longer in it, but over the long haul, you will save lots more using the rechargeables.

I went on a 16-mile, 7-hour, hike and had to use 2 sets of rechargeables. I did the same hike at night, using Alkalines this time, and they made it all the way through, and that included using the backlight.

This has been discussed in other threads before. In a nutshell, alkaline batteries perform better than NiMH rechargeables in low current draw devices, like the GPSr. In high current draw devices like digital cameras, NiMH tend to perform better since alkalines can't handle high currents as well.

Since NiMHs have much faster self-discharge rate than alkalines, you should start using them as soon as they are fully charged.