Unknown Graphic In 60csx?

I've only had my Garmin 60CSx for about two weeks, and I feel I've learned most of it's ins and outs (with many thanks, also, to the widespread knowledge on this forum), but I don't know what this is, maybe someone can help. It's only happened a couple of times, I don't know how/why and I've tried various settings to replicate it while connected to USB in order to snap an xImage, but no joy. It goes like this: when the unit is "Acquriing Satellites" a small graphic appears in the lower left, covering parts of the first 3 or 4 satellite bars. It looks kinda like the Hollywood Video searchights, and it goes away when the satellites are acquired. Again, i've only seen it maybe 2 or 3 times. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

I've only had my Garmin 60CSx for about two weeks, and I feel I've learned most of it's ins and outs (with many thanks, also, to the widespread knowledge on this forum), but I don't know what this is, maybe someone can help. It's only happened a couple of times, I don't know how/why and I've tried various settings to replicate it while connected to USB in order to snap an xImage, but no joy. It goes like this: when the unit is "Acquriing Satellites" a small graphic appears in the lower left, covering parts of the first 3 or 4 satellite bars. It looks kinda like the Hollywood Video searchights, and it goes away when the satellites are acquired. Again, i've only seen it maybe 2 or 3 times. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

That is normal. It is a little animated icon telling you that the GPS is searching for sats.

I have only seen this a few times on mine for some reason. It must show up on certain pages??

I've had it show up in the bottom-left corner when I tell the unit to calculate an on-road route for me, long after it's gotten a good satellite lock. After I select "Follow Road" that animation will display for a couple of seconds, then it will disappear and the "Calculating" progress bar will display as usual.

Sometimes it shows that animation, other times it doesn't. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern; it's mystified me, too!

--Larry

Turn on your Map60Cx/60CSx, and hit FIND/FIND, and autoroute on road a waypoint you have done before, and that symbol will pop up again in the lower left hand corner, and I think it is due to the GPS struggling to get a signal while you are trying to get it to calculate an autoroute.

SearchingICONGPS60Cx.jpg

Edited by GOT GPS?

it's to announce the release of a new hollywood movie.. whenever a movie is released, the icon will light up for a few seconds..this is why its hard to detect a pattern.

It does look more like a movie premiere with spotlights than a GPS thing! :laughing:

yeah, someone I know at Garmin told me that the idea would be that if you're geocaching and you can't find the cache, then you might just want to kill a few hours at the theatre with AC, soda and some candy, and that in a subsequent sw release, by clicking on the icon, you'll be able to download a movie to your garmin from the sats and plunk yourself down in the woods and just watch it right there (again, when you can't find the cache).

kidding B) but the icon does have a hollywood touch to it, doesn't it?