Loading Geocache Poi On Garmin (60csx)

On the garmin 60csx under the find menu there is a POI list for "geocache". However this list is empty and I can't find any way to add anything to it. Garmin's manual says "see the web page" and the web page says "see geocaching.com" -- pathetic. Garmin tech support says "import a gdx file" (while negecting to mention what a gdx file is or what I might be importing it into) -- pathetic! I assume they actually mean GPX -- triple pathetic!

When I export a loc file from geocaching.com and load it into mapsource that stores the caches as waypoints (albeit with the right icon and name), but doesn't put them into the "geocache" list. If I import a "geocache.gpx" file does it put those items into the find's geocache category?

I can't believe how difficult garmin chooses to make this.

On the garmin 60csx under the find menu there is a POI list for "geocache". However this list is empty and I can't find any way to add anything to it. Garmin's manual says "see the web page" and the web page says "see geocaching.com" -- pathetic. Garmin tech support says "import a gdx file" (while negecting to mention what a gdx file is or what I might be importing it into) -- pathetic! I assume they actually mean GPX -- triple pathetic!

When I export a loc file from geocaching.com and load it into mapsource that stores the caches as waypoints (albeit with the right icon and name), but doesn't put them into the "geocache" list. If I import a "geocache.gpx" file does it put those items into the find's geocache category?

I can't believe how difficult garmin chooses to make this.

I put all of my caches into GSAK. When I send them from there to my unit they are assigned the "closed treasure chest" icon. ONLY caches with this icon will show up when you "find, Geocache".

You can manually change the icons on your caches but it is much better to simply let GSAK do it for you.

Not sure if this something Im doing wrong or what but lately when I go to load POI's it says they are sent but when I look on the GPSr it says "none Found" the only way I can get them to show up is send two different files then it shows two data bases, any ideas????

It sometimes requires a power down/up cycle for the POIs to show up.

If I import a "geocache.gpx" file does it put those items into the find's geocache category?

You can load a GPX in mapsource as waypoints or as POIs with the POI loader. The Geocache icon on the find page is for waypoints. The custom POI icon is for POIs loaded with the POI loader. The waypoints are in the main memory and limitted to 1000 points. The POIs are on the microSD card and you can have as many as fit on your card.