Texas Panhandle Information

SmartSapper

I am trying to find out about some cool places to go see (and nearby caches) in the Panhandle area between Odessa/Lubbock/Amarillo. I have found out about Palo Duro Canyon S.P. on the TX parks website, but was wondering if anyone has any tips to share? Hotels to pick/avoid, good places to eat, other points of interest. The more off the beaten path the better. I have been out that way once or twice before, but only passing through, not to stay for very long. I realize that West Texas by it's very nature is 'off the beaten path'! I am planning for sometime in the next year or so, when my step-sister and her husband come from England to visit.

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to find out about some cool places to go see (and nearby caches) in the Panhandle area between Odessa/Lubbock/Amarillo. I have found out about Palo Duro Canyon S.P. on the TX parks website, but was wondering if anyone has any tips to share? Hotels to pick/avoid, good places to eat, other points of interest. The more off the beaten path the better. I have been out that way once or twice before, but only passing through, not to stay for very long. I realize that West Texas by it's very nature is 'off the beaten path'! I am planning for sometime in the next year or so, when my step-sister and her husband come from England to visit.

Thanks in advance!

that one and nearby, Caprock.

At the Palo Duro you can stay in the canyon, on the rim for nice, down in the canyon if you like somewhat primitive. Check their site. If it isn't too dry I like being on the canyon floor. The last visit we stayed in Canyon and enjoyed it. It's not a long drive to the canyon. It's a nice little town to visit.

Thanks in advance!

that one and nearby, Caprock.

At the Palo Duro you can stay in the canyon, on the rim for nice, down in the canyon if you like somewhat primitive. Check their site. If it isn't too dry I like being on the canyon floor. The last visit we stayed in Canyon and enjoyed it. It's not a long drive to the canyon. It's a nice little town to visit.

I have several caches to the East of Lubbock that are really off the beaten path. You might want to check them out, I tried to make them as original as possible, plus there are some other caches around that area also. Good Luck and enjoy West Texas, it is a great place to be from, and to cache around as well.

Cya on the trails,

Rusty