Ignore Some Caches

airedales

I'd very much like to be able to ignore some caches in my area so I don't have to keep deleting them from my queries. I'd like to be able to ignore by user name or perhaps by wildcard 'excludes' on the cache name, since all the caches start with the same sequence of letters. It might also be useful to have other criteria for 'ignoring' caches. Is there a way to do this?

You can create an ignore list, but I don't know if there's any way of doing it other than going to the cache pages of the caches you want to ignore and hitting the "ignore listing" button. Then, in your PQ's make sure you check the "Are not on my ignore list" box.

You do have some control over that. One way you can do it is place the caches you don't want to find on your ignore list and then check the box that reads "Are not on my ignore list". Another way is to use the "Attributes". Click what you want or don't want before you run your PQ.

Hmm, this is a cumbersome method, but certainly better than nothing. There's dozens of these caches here that I can't be bothered with....

But I'll start 'ignoring' them until I can find another way of doing it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Stephanie

GSAK allows you to maintain an ignore list on your own computer. One click to ignore and one click if you change your mind. Easier than using GC.com to do it, I think.

You can also sort the caches in GSAK by owner or cache name (I think). This will make it easier for you to ignore all of a series.

In Watcher there is a filter to ignore all caches hidden by a particular owner; you select the owner names from a list. I dunno if GSAK has the equivalent filter?

In GSAK, you could filter by owner, then "Delete Waypoints", "All in current filter", and check the box that says to NOT allow them to be added back to the database. They will be added to a permanent exclude list so that if they show up in a future GPX file, they will not be re-inserted into the database. You can then edit the exclude list if you wish to allow some (or all) of them back in at some future time.