60csx Coordinates Loading Incorrectly

Fan4

It's happened a few times now where I get to the coordinates, and I'm about 50-100' away from where I eventually find the cache. I use GSAK, and for whatever reason, some of the points end up on my gps a couple thousandths off while my PDA has the correct coords. Anyone else seen this?

I just tried a bunch at random and can see no discrepancies. I have about 10,000 Custom POI's exported from GSAK and then loaded into my csx. All the ones I looked at the coords for the poi were exactly the same as listed in GSAK.

As to being off at a cache, that's a different subject :drama:

Scan through this thread for an explanation on the last digit jitter and why it's below the precision of your device anyway: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=137255

The geocaching site uses only WGS-84 as does GSAK and GPSBabel internally. It's not coincidence that all data sent to Garmins or Magellans over the wire happens to be in WGS-84 and the units use WGS-84 internally. Changing the display on your unit affects only coords entered from the keypad and coords displayed on your lcoal screen; coords sent to and from the comuter are WGS-84. So unless someone entered them on the site and had their unit set for another datum and didn't change it back before creating the cache page (i.e. the cache page is wrong) it's not a datum thing you're describing.

If you're 50-100 feet off, that's a likely just a combination of the overlapping circles of accuracy of your unit and that used by the placer. If you look at a cache page where *everyone* (at least everyone that's writing "real" logs) is fussing about the coords, it's likely that the coords given by the poster are, uuuh, suboptimal.

Edited by robertlipe