Good Deal On A Legend

Yunaderis

Just FYI that they are wrong about Mac compatibility. I used an eTrex Vista with my Mac for 3.5 years. All you need is the right USB adapter cable and the MacGPS software, both of which you can get online through James Associates, which provides great ongoing GPS support for Macs.

Ditto for the newer GPS units - I now have a Garmin GPSmap 60CS, which I also can connect to my Mac and use with the current version of MacGPS Pro software.

If you have a Mac, check it out:. macgpspro.com. They sell the software and the cables/adapters.

Just FYI that they are wrong about Mac compatibility. I used an eTrex Vista with my Mac for 3.5 years. All you need is the right USB adapter cable and the MacGPS software, both of which you can get online through James Associates, which provides great ongoing GPS support for Macs.

Ditto for the newer GPS units - I now have a Garmin GPSmap 60CS, which I also can connect to my Mac and use with the current version of MacGPS Pro software.

If you have a Mac, check it out:. macgpspro.com. They sell the software and the cables/adapters.

My Legend works ok with the MacBook, but I'm running GSAK under Parallels (XP Pro) using a Iogear USB->Serial adaptor that I picked up for $25 at (shudder) Walmart.

The universal driver at http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx-pl2303/ worked for me with zero tweaking, I successfully uploaded the Legend's waypoints with GPSConnect 0.2, still looking for a Mac app remotely close to GSAK in terms of functionality, but the MacBook 'does' talk nicely with the Legend. MacSimpleGPS is pretty good, and LoadMyTracks converts nicely to KML for Google Maps, so you can be pretty effective paperless on a Mac now with a Legend

Edited by vds