Trip And Waypoint Manager

Lalique,

I don't have the answer to your question but look forward to any reply, because I am having trouble downloading waypoints from other sites into my GPSmap60CSx. I also have Trip and Waypoint manager software, also MapSource software for TOPO and City. I would like to do this via a GPX file which I understand is a standard format. I would like to download routes as well. Also from sites like www.trails.com and geocaching.com.

It can't be that difficult. What am I doing wrong?

David

You might check out some of the helpful software the site offers links to.

Easy GPS is a good, easy-to-use program. GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) is another great program, but it has a steep learing curve.

As a Premium Member, you can create Pocket Queries so you can get up to 500 caches at time instead of downloading them individually from the cache pages.

PQs come as attachments to your email InBox.

Welcome to the addiction! :laughing:

Have you previously interfaced the PC successfully with that GPSr?

On my Legend C, I had to uninstall the drivers that Windows found, and reinstalled a driver I found on Garmin's site.

Also, I screwed up initially by connecting the GPSr before loading the drivers.

So I had to uninstall the driver, shutdown, restart, reinstall driver, shutdown, restart, and then the PC recognized my Legend C by name, when previously it thought it was an "external storage device".

I also found that my PC likes me to connect the GPSr while OFF, and then turn on the GPSr once I've opened Mapsource.

Otherwise it doesn't always like to interface.

(Of course, I've had tons of issues with my PC lately, it doesn't always recognize itself, I think it had digital dementia!)

Good luck!

-Kris