View Jpegs On Your Lowrance Gps

If you copy JPEG files onto your SD card you can view them on the Expedition C (and I would guess other color Lowrance units) through the memory card browser. It seems like the pictures appear actual size and you can pan across using the directional pad, I resized one to 240x320 and it looked great.

To get there:

Menu->Menu->Browse MMC Files->Select your picture file and press Enter ->View.

It actually has a "view" button when you select the picture file so it seems engineered in, I wonder why it wasn't included in the incredible user guide? What a cool feature, I am liking this GPS more and more each day!

If you copy JPEG files onto your SD card you can view them on the Expedition C (and I would guess other color Lowrance units) through the memory card browser. It seems like the pictures appear actual size and you can pan across using the directional pad, I resized one to 240x320 and it looked great.

To get there:

It actually has a "view" button when you select the picture file so it seems engineered in, I wonder why it wasn't included in the incredible user guide? What a cool feature, I am liking this GPS more and more each day!

Thanks for posting that, I put a recent family picture, cut down to 4 X size, fliped on side and it is perfect on my H2OC.

To get there:

Nice feature, you could store the 'spoiler' pics for the caches in there.

Cool. It would also be useful if it can store text files - did you try that?

Paperless caching without a Palm or PocketPC :laughing:

I tried different text files with no luck, JPEG is the only file type I could view. I used "paint" and made a text, flipped it 180 degrees, changed it from a BMP to a JPEG and it worked fine. The JPEG needs to be sized to fit the screen, no scrolling. "Geocatcher' may have more.

I tried text too with the same results. Creating an image file with text pasted into it seems like a good workaround. I've found you can pan/scroll the image by repeatedly pressing the direction arrows, it's fairly slow though. Pressing enter returns to the original view of the image.

... text files with no luck ... JPEG is the only file type I could view.
Oh well, I guess I'm zero for three now. My ignored suggestions to Lowrance so far:
  • Allow comments on waypoints
  • Add a text reader into the iFinder's MMC Browser function
  • Save time and elevation data in trail points

For each suggestion, I've gotten back a "thank you for your comment" form-letter. But instead of simple and useful add-ins, they bring out GPSs with MP3 players and (undocumentated) picture viewers.

I wonder how they decide on new features?

Edited by lee_rimar
... text files with no luck ... JPEG is the only file type I could view.
Oh well, I guess I'm zero for three now. My ignored suggestions to Lowrance so far:
  • Allow comments on waypoints
  • Add a text reader into the iFinder's MMC Browser function
  • Save time and elevation data in trail points

For each suggestion, I've gotten back a "thank you for your comment" form-letter. But instead of simple and useful add-ins, they bring out GPSs with MP3 players and (undocumentated) picture viewers.

I wonder how they decide on new features?

I've sent in a few, on menu features and the one I hope they do someday... making "Local Time" automatic to time zone change.