Where Can I Put It?

ans082985

I read the FAQ page and some other links...but I am still confused as to where I can put a cache. I live out in the county...and there are several city parks out here...and I guess county park (is there such thing...I dont know...but it's not exactly a city park either)...anyways...can I hide stuff there? I mean, if I don't dig or destroy...

I know I can't put things on private property...nor would I dare...but what is considered public property...and where all CAN I place caches...anyone have any ideas...or a list of types of places?

I'd put one on our property but I'm kinda wary or people I dont know coming to my property lol. Please help!

I read the FAQ page and some other links...but I am still confused as to where I can put a cache. I live out in the county...and there are several city parks out here...and I guess county park (is there such thing...I dont know...but it's not exactly a city park either)...anyways...can I hide stuff there? I mean, if I don't dig or destroy...

I know I can't put things on private property...nor would I dare...but what is considered public property...and where all CAN I place caches...anyone have any ideas...or a list of types of places?

I'd put one on our property but I'm kinda wary or people I dont know coming to my property lol. Please help!

The best thing that you could do is to find more caches before hiding one.

This will not only give you some ideas for a hide of your own, but it will also let you know where the caches near you are. Otherwise, you run the risk of hiding a cache somewhere, submitting it for listing on the website, and having the cache reviewer deny it because it's only 200 feet from an existing cache.

You might check with local prominent Geocachers. They can tell you if your local parks have Geocaching rules. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they are very strict and very specific.

Locally we hide caches in Parks all the time without needing to get permission, but a mountain park that just reopened, has strict rules cachers are supposed to follow. The nearby National Forest and BLM land has no such rules.

Welcome to the addiction! :)

Cool, thanks everyone!!

I'm going to do some more finds first, too, but was thinking of hiding my first cache by an Amish community...do y'all think that's an "interesting" place? I don't think alot of people in South Texas even knows there's an Amish community here so I was thinking that would be cool.