The Stolen Coin

Ladycacher

Well here I am again having another cacher talking crap before knowing the situation. :laughing:

I am Geocoin_Sales on Ebay, I have never denied that and everyone knows it. I sold a Tennesse Le coin on EBay that happened to be activated. I have all my coins laid out on the floor of my office to sell, list, or ship. This coin got mixed up with the unactivated one when my husband went in and moved things around (darn husbands). Billy, being a close friend of mine, understood and took care of the problem for me. This coin was adopted over and has no trace of it ever being someone else's. Because he has the coin in hand and Billy adopted it over, I will not be refunding the person but instead owning Billy a dinner (because friends and good cachers settle things nicely). Also, the reason why I didn't respond to the persons email is because I was on the road coming home from family. What is it with people expecting answers right when they send the email?

To the person that is involved in this mix up, stop sending me threats by email. I do not take that lightly and seeing the problem is taking care of you have no need to email me anymore. I understand how you must have felt but lets move on now.

Well, I have broken my rule for coming into the forums (rest assure I wll not be back unless I have to), so since I am here I would like to say Thank You to everyone, my family and I are doing better with your help, love, support, and prayers. I miss you all and hope that you and your familys are doing great also. I would also like to thank those who email or have emailed me, it helps alot and I am still trying to answer you all.

Thanks and Bye,

Sabrina

Ladycacher

Geocoin_Sales

If he bought an activated coin, then adoping the coins tracking over is fair enough. If he bought an unactivated coin then the right thing to do is to ensure the buyer has an unactivated coin.

I could not find the auction mentioned.

Edit:

Found the auction:

It was sold as unactivated.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I have watched this saga unfold and I keep wondering why it is that people who expect obligations to be met are attacked with impunity.

When the Wyoming Coin problem came up no one complained about taking what ever action was available to obtain relief.

With the Texas Mini certain people filed with Paypal to protect their rights and they were very publically flamed in the forums for doing so.

Now someone is sold a activated coin that was represented as being un-activated. It may be that he could have taken a more tactful approach, though based on the above posting it sounds like maybe there was not timely response.

The response in this thread is basically "tough luck. I wiped the log and and that is all you are going to get.” “You are not going to get what your purchased.”

I don’t understand how asking to get what you paid for from the seller is being mean or “threatening”.

I was also kind of surprised to find that LC is getting thousands of dollars yet her husband is still employed while there are other cachers and coin collector who have lost their jobs and are currently struggling to pay their bills to the point of not having enough money to mail coins that were paid for. (No fund raisers for those cachers only attacks) There are other cachers who have in fact, received pink slips.

Finally, I see LC has found dozens of caches in the last few weeks which makes me wonder honestly how significant her health conditions are.

So bottom line:

I think it is fine that those of you who are donating for LC are doing so and I am sure she has some real needs. However:

A. There are many other needs out there that are as least as dire.

B. Because she or anyone else is in difficult circumstances does not automatically relieve them of their financial obligation.

C. THIS IS MOST SIGNIFICANT: Facing difficult situations should not mean that you can attack / slander people who ask you to keep your commitments.

FLAME SUIT ON!

If buyer and seller are happy -- the situation is over.

This is a perfect example of a thread that should be locked -- already it's out-of-hand and has little to do with the hobby or forum topic.

Let's not judge, analyze, or make assumptions about each other -- let's enjoy a pleasant pastime.

Well now,

Seeing that I was put in this mess I guess I should make a little comment here. Yes the coin that was advertised was a "Unactivated" coin and yes the coin that was shipped was activated and I just happened to be the one that just happened to activate the activated coin in my name since it was my coin to begin with. This whole thing was because a small mixup between two coins which are identical except for a very small tracking number. Only speaking facts here..................

The Buyer of the coin was promptly responded to by ME! I offered and sent him a adoption notice for the coin he has in his hands and he accepted it so he now owns the coin. He then complained that he bought a advertised "Unactivated" coin and this was after he requested the activation code for the first coin from me.

I talked to LC and found out that she did indeed mix-up the "Activated" coin and "Unactivated" coin and sent the wrong one out by mistake and I told her I had been in touch with the buyer and that he had adopted the coin that was sent to him. I then received several more emails from him informing me that he still wasn't happy. Since then I know for a fact the there is a package going out first thing Monday to him with a brand new "Unactivated" coin plus I even told him to keep the one he has adopted just to make up for the trouble so he is actually out NOTHING except for what he actually paid for the coin that he won on the auction and he is actually getting two coins for that price! He comes out of the deal with two coins, one "Activated" in his name and one "Unactivated" as he purchased from the auction which seems to be a more than fair solution to fix the mistake.

All of this mess took less than a couple of days to blow up and get way out of hand due to the unwillingness of the buyer to work this out even though we were doing everything we could to make him happy and in constent contact with him.

Sometimes mistakes are made which was the case here and the buyer is being took care of above and beyond. The emails I received from the buyer have been very negative and I do understand but considering how far we have gone to try to work this out and what has been offered to him it seems that he could ease up a bit with all the mess. As far as the tone of his emails, he has informed me that he want to involve the local police in the theft of the "Activated" coin which he now owns. From the word go on this matter, he contacted Ebay, Paypal, and now wants to involve the police all over a $5 geocoin??? Sorry but I feel this is just a tad bit overboard considering what he has been offered to make up for the mistake.

Again, he has one coin which he owns, another unactivated coin is on it's way to him and yes this was all being worked out a day or so ago and he knew about it the whole time due to ME being in constent contact with him.

Everything is worked out and this issue is closed.

Thanks.

If anyone is receiving threatening emails through the geocaching.com email system, please report it to Groundspeak at contact@Groundspeak.com with a note in the subject line. This matter has been settled. I'm closing this thread. There's nothing to see here. Move along.