Murals

Gotta say that I am a bit confused about this...

The Category is on "Auto-Approve"

I decided to try to contact the person that created the Category... asking them to join and hopefully take over.

Can someone explain the purpose of Auto-Approve (besides the obvious... not having to do anything) ?

Better yet.... Can this feature be removed on the Categories that are not being Group managed?

:anibad: The Blue Quasar

I'm trying to think back to the brainstorming stage with Sean and our reasons for creating the auto-approve feature. It came from our pre-group-management thinking. The idea was to allow category managers to go offline for a period of time and not have the queue get too backed up. Now that there is some backup management built in it might make sense to ditch the auto-approve altogether.

Can anyone argue in favor of keeping it?

I think the auto-approve should be ditched. As an officer in a few different groups, I've run across some submissions that weren't quite complete or didn't fit the bill at all. I think we need the human touch when it comes to approving waymarks.

no, i believe that the autoapprove function is obsolete.

It could be exploited when we institute contests and rewards for posting new waymarks, as well. Sean and I are convinced it doesn't have a place on the site, so look for that change in the future. Thanks for bringing this up, Quasy. :)

Thanks OpinioNate!

I have turned it off in the Murals and Libraries Categories.

As for your question... from a Group perspective, there no longer seems to be a need for it. I have seen it exploited already... in the form of duplicate Waymarks.

I am not in favo(u)r of the option remaining. But I can see the reason why you guys put it there initially, and it was a good idea at the time.

Like you implied though... people will exploit it, like they used to do with editing Archived Caches... multiple coordinate updates to jump caches miles without Reviewers seeing it... and others I didn't get to learn :)

Closing the loop holes can be as much fun as finding them!

:rolleyes: The Blue Quasar