Tracking With Laptop And Garmin Nroute

ok, now that garmin stopped allowing tracking in the mapsource program and created nRoute, I am lost! I have created a route in nRoute but how do i get the real time tracking and having it tell me which way to go when i am in the car? This is really frustrating, ive been playing around with this for a couple hours now and cant figure it out!!!! I am leaving sunday morning for a trip out of state and using my laptop to navigate with the GPS would be greatly benifitial!

I think im going to be looking for the old updates and reinstall all my garmin software but i really dont want to do this!

I am using mapsource metroguide version 5 and a rino 130

Edited by kevin917z

The way I understand it any US version of Metroguide newer than 4 does not support autorouting so if you try to route someplace it will only show a straight line.

I could be wrong (it happened once before) but thats my understanding.

[EDIT]

After a little more research it appears that MG will auto route on the PC but not on a GPSr so I'm not sure why you are having problems. I use nRoute and City Slelect on my laptop and have no problems autorouting.

Edited by LandRover

The way I understand it any US version of Metroguide newer than 4 does not support autorouting so if you try to route someplace it will only show a straight line.

I could be wrong (it happened once before) but thats my understanding.

[EDIT]

After a little more research it appears that MG will auto route on the PC but not on a GPSr so I'm not sure why you are having problems. I use nRoute and City Slelect on my laptop and have no problems autorouting.

Can you tell me what im doing wrong, i can create routes just fine in both mapsource and nRoute, but how do i start it navigating so i can get turn for turn directions and have the computer speak to me? Im just not seeing how to start telling it i want to go somewhere

Nroute will not give turn by turn directions with Metroguide it will only show where you are and have been. You need city select or city navigator.

so i just have to just look over at the laptop where the route is highlighted and try to stay on it myself?