Attention Woodland Trust Cache Placers

We have changed the process for caches on Woodland Trust property with immediate effect; if you already have an active cache on a Woodland Trust site then please send a copy of your approved Woodland Trust permission form to EricPorter at woodland-trust.org.uk.

If you would like to place a cache on a Woodland Trust site then please follow the process here.

Thanks,

Dave posting on behalf of the GAGB.

I am confused. I followed the original proceedure and sent of the form to the reviewers as requested. I do not have a copy with their bit completed. Am I now supposed to put the GC.com number in although the form says it is for someone else to do? Or do I just send the form I sent to the reviewers?

You're right - you should now include the GC number on the approval form (even though it says this is for someone else) and then forward it to Eric.

Please bear with us on this, we need to do it this way because of internal Woodland Trust reasons and it's a small inconvenience to arrange permission.

Has anyone else heard back from the Woodland Trust since these new procedures have been put in place? I submitted an application to them about 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing in response.

This varies from area to area since there are different Rangers involved. The local Rangers have been asked to take on this approval activity in addition to their normal duties and won't necessarily rush to undertake the on-site check. However, 6 weeks sounds like time for a polite follow-up.

You're right - you should now include the GC number on the approval form (even though it says this is for someone else) and then forward it to Eric.

Please bear with us on this, we need to do it this way because of internal Woodland Trust reasons and it's a small inconvenience to arrange permission.

Thanks for clarifying that. The form is on its way.

Has anyone else heard back from the Woodland Trust since these new procedures have been put in place? I submitted an application to them about 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing in response.

We submitted an application on 16/4/06 - haven't heard anything yet :sad:

I have a cache on woodland trust property, I never knew this until todayafter checking the woodland trust web site maps . I did get permission from the land owner when I first placed this cacheback in 2002.about a year later the farm changed hands and the new owner erected a fence and private sign on the land. so I moved the cache to the side of the public footpath about 1.5 m into the wood. so it now appears that I have it on woodland trust property( without permission)

Hartburn Cave GC5F5F. PLACED 6/2/2002.

Do I now have to temp disable this cache and apply for permission ? Or do I need to archive it and remove the box?

Didn't the original announcement say that forms should be submitted for existing caches? As for suspension or archiving, I guess that is your call, but as the best thing is to admit it was placed on their land in error suspension would be better and archive if permisison is refused. That way you can make clear that there will be no visitors whilst they are considering it.

Sorry, can you please clarify:

Is this for cachers who have filled in the form and had an affirmative reply and placed their caches?

Or:

Is this for cachers who placed caches before the forms were available and "forgot" about getting permission?

Cheers,

Bambi.

I suspect it is for everyone.

The Northumbrian wrote:

I have a cache on woodland trust property, I never knew this until todayafter checking the woodland trust web site maps . I did get permission from the land owner when I first placed this cacheback in 2002.about a year later the farm changed hands and the new owner erected a fence and private sign on the land. so I moved the cache to the side of the public footpath about 1.5 m into the wood. so it now appears that I have it on woodland trust property( without permission)

Hartburn Cave GC5F5F. PLACED 6/2/2002.

Do I now have to temp disable this cache and apply for permission ? Or do I need to archive it and remove the box?

I agree with LG. Temporarily disabling the cache and applying for permission, explaining that you hadn't realised it was on their land seems to me to be the best way to go.

Bambi&Thumper wrote:

Is this for cachers who have filled in the form and had an affirmative reply and placed their caches?

Or:

Is this for cachers who placed caches before the forms were available and "forgot" about getting permission?

Dave of The Wombles is handling this, and I'm sure he'll be along soon to clarify things, but I think it probably does apply to everyone.

---

Bill

(Chairman GAGB)

Filled the form in and sent it off, OR SO i THOUGHT I HAD.when sendinging the form off microsoft outlook opens up . I dont know anything about this as I use aol for emails. but when i went into start and at the top left it says outlook, on opening this it states theat no carrier for the mail. so I have no way of sending that form. I will remove cache on monday and just archive it.

Nige :ph34r:

Or:

Cheers,

Bambi.

Both. The WT need to "catch up" with all caches placed so far, and caches placed earlier should also apply.

Didn't the original announcement say that forms should be submitted for existing caches? As for suspension or archiving, I guess that is your call, but as the best thing is to admit it was placed on their land in error suspension would be better and archive if permisison is refused. That way you can make clear that there will be no visitors whilst they are considering it.

Yes this is the right way to do it.

Filled the form in and sent it off, OR SO i THOUGHT I HAD.when sendinging the form off microsoft outlook opens up . I dont know anything about this as I use aol for emails. but when i went into start and at the top left it says outlook, on opening this it states theat no carrier for the mail. so I have no way of sending that form. I will remove cache on monday and just archive it.

Nige :ph34r:

Nige, just cut and paste the form into your email rather than sending an attatchment, that should be fine. Let me know if I can help.