Plastic Borders

The short answer to that is no ! That is because the majority of number plates (not all) are oblong and not square so there isnt a market for them over here. I have seen some nice ones in the States, but they wont fit my UK car.

Red Squadron......John & Ann

Edited by johnzissler

The short answer to that is no ! That is because the majority of number plates (not all) are oblong and not square so there isnt a market for them over here. I have seen some nice ones in the States, but they wont fit my UK car.

I'm aware of the size issue so that's why I was asking if they're made in the UK/Europe. I've seen loads of cars with similar plate borders with the supplier/garage name on them and wondered if they can be made individually like personalised plates.

The rules on number plates are much tighter now than they were few years ago, and they may not let you put your own small text in along the bottom any more. As for the surround, I know Halfords (and other car-parts & accessories places) do chrome-look and black ones you could perhaps attach your own text to, but I've not seen any that'll let you 'stamp' your own - or pre-made geocaching ones, for that matter - sorry :(