Mtrp Raparian Cache

After finding FATTBOY's FIRST cache along the Father J road through MTRP, we stopped and grabbed "Raparian something or other" cache just up the road a bit. We parked on the right hand pullout, walked across the path and scored the M&M tube container in the guard rail. The nearby info poster/sign talked about "Raparian" stuff. Came home to log it and can't find it listed. I already deleted the listing from the GPSr so I'm not sure who it belonged to. Anyone have any idea? I searched for "Raparian" and went through every listing in Calif but couldn't find it.

Thanks and sorry to be so late to the BBQ (24 hours to be exact... sigh).

Carol

After finding FATTBOY's FIRST cache along the Father J road through MTRP, we stopped and grabbed "Raparian something or other" cache just up the road a bit. We parked on the right hand pullout, walked across the path and scored the M&M tube container in the guard rail. The nearby info poster/sign talked about "Raparian" stuff. Came home to log it and can't find it listed. I already deleted the listing from the GPSr so I'm not sure who it belonged to. Anyone have any idea? I searched for "Raparian" and went through every listing in Calif but couldn't find it.

Thanks and sorry to be so late to the BBQ (24 hours to be exact... sigh).

Carol

Carol,

I'm just guessing on this but Duncan! had a cache that highlighted the riparian region of MTRP. However, that container was located under a bush rather than in a guard rail. For sure it was adjacent to the MTRP riparian viewpoint.

I believe, though I'm not positive about this, that he recently redid that cache ... and that there's now a cache named "Orchids in the Gorge" that might be related to the riparian cache in some way.

Should be fun to see how right or wrong I am when Duncan! checks in on this discussion. Might be a good reality check on my med's. I sure hope that don't have to hike back out to Shepherd Canyon for my pills.

Sorry we didn't see you and the girls at the MTRP Armistice Event.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

I am pretty sure "Orchids in the Gorge" used to be called "Raparian Real Estate" (or something close to that). Duncan! just replaced the cache in the last few days and from the hint, it probably is in the guardrail now. How many people signed the log before you on this one (I only see GoBolts! and IrkenArmy with finds on the cache page)?