Newbie Questions

Scuzball

I'm not sure what you mean by joining a geocaching group. If you mean a regional club, you usually just have to show up at their meetings and events.

Its a good practice to log every find. The owner spent the time, effort and money to place the cache, so the least we fnders can do is let them know we found it and enjoyed ourselves.

Edited by briansnat

I am new to geocaching. I learned about it from a friend who has no username or account. He still looks for caches and swaps things, but i dont know if people have to be a certain age to join. I also don't have a GPS, but i can look for caches in my area based on the description in the cache profile alone. Is this okay?

PLEASE HELP!!

I think it is ok to look for caches with out a gps as this is how I did my first few. After a couple you will get 'the bug' and want to get a gps to do the multi's!

As for not logging the finds i'm sure the owners will be happy that people are finding there caches but I think they would like feed back on there cache and to know it is still there!

As for the age limit there isn't on that i know of. check the small print in the disclamer on the sign up page.