60csx Usb Connection

Hi!

I just got a 60 CSX yesterday. I am have a couple of problems. I think it is just becasue of my lack of knowledge with the system.

1) When I plug it into the USB port on my computer, it draws power. However, my computer cannot find it. I went to the setup and interface menu on the gps, it says that it is not connected to the USB. It is obviously drawing power from it though. I have tried restarting the computer and that doesn't help. I also made sure the micro sd was in the gps properly. What can I do so my computer operating on Windows XP can read it?

2) I downloaded both GSAK and Easy GPS. I figured out how to dowload the caches to gsak. But, I can't figure out the Easy GPS. I just want to figure out which one is easier to use to input the .loc file into the 60CSX. Of course I can't do that until my computer reconginizes the gps.

What do I do?

Thanks for your help!

1) When I plug it into the USB port on my computer, it draws power. However, my computer cannot find it. I went to the setup and interface menu on the gps, it says that it is not connected to the USB. It is obviously drawing power from it though. I have tried restarting the computer and that doesn't help. I also made sure the micro sd was in the gps properly. What can I do so my computer operating on Windows XP can read it?

You should download and install the latest USB driver from Garmin if not already done so:

http://www.garmin.com/software/USBDrivers_21.exe

Then restart yor computer. After that your computer should be able to recognise your GPS.

Thanks for you help!

The USB driver software did wonders, but I did have to plug it into the port in the back of my PC for some reason I can't use the handy port in the front.

Once I got that figured out, I was able to easily upload all the caches! Yay! My old GPS that should be in a museum had no capability to upload waypoints. So, I had to manually input all the cache coords and print them out incase I input the wrong info. I was able to upload 210 caches in a matter of seconds!

Now, I think I need to become a premium member so I can get the .gpx files that will allow me to upload even more detail!

Thanks again!

On my system I can't attach my76CSX through my 2.0 USB hub. I have to directly attach it to 2.0 USB port on my PC. When attached to the hub, my PC won't recognize the GPSr. Attached directly to the PC USB port, it works fine.

That is odd, I am definitely running through a hub on my laptop.

On my system I can't attach my76CSX through my 2.0 USB hub. I have to directly attach it to 2.0 USB port on my PC. When attached to the hub, my PC won't recognize the GPSr. Attached directly to the PC USB port, it works fine.

That is odd, I am definitely running through a hub on my laptop.

yep, I thought it was goofy too. My hub is a 2.0 self powered hub and all my other USB devices work fine with it. I have tried multiple times and the 76CSx is only recognized if I don't use the hub and attach it directly to USB port on my PC. Got me.....it works that way though, so I'm good to go. :-)