Trail Mix Iii Event (gcvh0f)

Bean Blossom Gang

Trail Mix III (GCVH0F)

The latest edition of TrailMix will be located in the Owen-Putnam Forest

About 6 miles west of Spencer, Indiana off Hwy 46

Come out and play with us at the third edition of the IndiGo Trailmix. Follow the signs off Highway 46 to the Day Use Area near the Horseman's Campground. We will be on the Sandstone Bluffs trail or the Red Trail as it is marked. The entire loop is around 2 miles and for once it is an easy hike. Once again it will be our pleasure to serve fresh donuts and chocolate milk. It is worth it to come out just for this wonderful feast. There will be a bunch of new caches just waiting to be found.

The Trailmix is patterned after the trips many of us took to the Rose Island area of Charlestown State Park. This area has since been closed to the public. Karen of Team J&K suggested a series of hikes to build friendships like our Rose Island trips once did.

Come out and make new friends and talk with your old friends as we hike the trail.

WHAT - INDIGO TRAILMIX III

WHERE - OWEN-PUTNAM FOREST

WHEN - MAY 13, 2006

TIME - BREAKFAST AT 9:30AM

HIKE AT 10:00AM SHARP

WHY - BECAUSE I MISS YOU GUYS

THREE MORE DAYS...Until Trail Mix III

Someone had asked "What to Bring?"

We will have donuts/bagels/poptarts etc and milk/juice for our morning Meet & Greet time.

Also bring your basic "Dayhiking" stuff.

DayPack & GPS

Extra Batteries

Water/Sports Drink (I usually carry 2-1 liter bottles)

Walking Staff or hiking pole(s)

Trail Food (Typically I always carry jerky, trail mix, dried fruit, and Little Debbies or hard candy for a quick sugar boost )

Small first aid/essentials kit (usually Benadryl, TP, bandaids, etc)

Poncho/rain jacket (Just in case)

We all know what Deermark's "easy" trails are like!? :mad: ! so come prepared (Remember he PROMISED only two EASY <_< miles...roflol :mad: ....yeah, right! )

My guess it that it should be somewhat similar to the Rock Shelter Trail at Morgan-Monroe State Forest that we did in January - but that's just a guess as I haven't hiked this trail before, but from reading the logs on the cache pages, I would say this is probably about right, the terrain in this area is pretty similar to MMSF.

I can't wait...See you all Saturday!

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

Edited by Bean Blossom Gang

I wish we could be there, but my Key Club is sponsoring a Pre-Mother's Day Brunch at noon. I have to work the early shift, helping them to get things ready. Wish me luck. As a grown-up and a person who has had to cook for a crowd before, I am aware that they are not as well prepared for this event as they think they are! It is going to be fairly entertaining, I think.

I really wanted to come, but I'm performing another geocaching wedding over in Decatur, Illinois tomorrow. This one's not an event, though...but I'm still hoping to log a few finds there and back.

Have fun! I'd love to join you guys for one of these sometime soon!

Bret