Cachemate

I just baught a palm pda and and put cachemate on it.

I use GSAK to manage my .gpx.

When you convert the file and send it to the palm, it lists all the caches by there name, in the palm. Is it possible to list them by there waypoint name? for instance "GCXXXX"

Also When i transfered the files to my palm it did not mark any of the ones i had found as "Found" on the plam? is there a way to fix this?

In GSAK, when you export a cachemate file, you can build the waypoint name using tags. Be sure you have it set to %code, not %smart - the "smart name" that GSAK creates, or %name. Also, in cachemate you have the option of sorting by waypoint or name - be sure you select waypoint (wpt).

Sorry I can't help with the found caches - I only download caches I'm searching for, so I've never tried to transfer already found caches to my palm. Once the caches are on the palm you can Log them as found manually (select 'log' upper right corner drop down list).

HTH

Yes in Cachemate open the menu, and tap on Option

Then tap on List Options

At the top of the List Options screen in the Extra info field select Waypoint

Now Cachemate will display both the Waypoint Code and the actual name of the cache.

You can also sort by Waypoint instead of Name.

Looks like you're getting some good advice. I am moving this topic over to the GPS Units and Software Forum, both because you may get even more helpful posts in the proper forum, and because future searchers are more likely to look there if they have the same questions.

Also When i transfered the files to my palm it did not mark any of the ones i had found as "Found" on the plam? is there a way to fix this?

I don't know if this is the easiest/best way to do it but I do two exports from GSAK: 1) Caches that I haven't found, and 2) caches that I have found.

When you launch Cachemate, you'll be prompted twice (once for each file). I import the first file into my "local not found" category and the second into the "found" category.

GeoBC

Yes in Cachemate open the menu, and tap on Option

Then tap on List Options

At the top of the List Options screen in the Extra info field select Waypoint

Now Cachemate will display both the Waypoint Code and the actual name of the cache.

You can also sort by Waypoint instead of Name.

Thanks alot thats just what i needed to know!

I was wondering if there is a way to filter out only the caches that were updated when you update the .GPx file in gsak.

I want to be able to send the only the caches that were updated to my PDA so it dosn't take as long

I tried using the set flag feature but it seems to check all of the caches regardless of wether or not they were updated?

Create a filter in GSAK.

Click on 'search' menu

Click on 'filter' menu option

Click on 'dates' tab

Adjust the 'Last update gpx' to however many days you want.

I actually created a few different ones with varying dates so I can easily pull the filters up from the tool bar. I also checked on the first tab to only include those that I have not found. I update found in a seperate load.